New Canyon Lux World Cup 2023: lighter than ever and with improved geometry

OVERDRIVE

10 hours ago, babse said:

Shmaaakit... Looks a bit Spez'ish 

Looks exactly the same as the outgoing model except more expensive 

nice touch with the solid oil headset and pivot bearings but hopefully not in the BB. Those things feel like pedalling against a ebike motor without the benefits 

integrated cable routing…sies . No thanks ….why why why would you want integrated cable routing unless you’re a banker driving a slave to service your bike at the Epic???

everything else is really nice but I’d rather opt for an AXS version and route the front brake outside the headtube. Can’t really get around the rear brake routing unless I ditch it completely to get under 10kg

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Looks exactly the same as the outgoing model except more expensive 

nice touch with the solid oil headset and pivot bearings but hopefully not in the BB. Those things feel like pedalling against a ebike motor without the benefits 

integrated cable routing…sies . No thanks ….why why why would you want integrated cable routing unless you’re a banker driving a slave to service your bike at the Epic???

everything else is really nice but I’d rather opt for an AXS version and route the front brake outside the headtube. Can’t really get around the rear brake routing unless I ditch it completely to get under 10kg

I think you meant "headset integrated cable routing" ? Its making an appearance on various brands and it truly does suck. I'd base a purchasing decision on the absence of this abomination. No doubt saves a few cents on manufacturing costs for the frame.

2 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I think you meant "headset integrated cable routing" ? Its making an appearance on various brands and it truly does suck. I'd base a purchasing decision on the absence of this abomination. No doubt saves a few cents on manufacturing costs for the frame.

Why cables on an Mtb are routed internally is beyond me. External cabling hidden under an integrated clip on cover that doubles as bash guard seems way cheaper and a nicer way to customise a bike. Instead the worst possible routing is selected. It’s like bikes are designed by peeps who don’t ride or work on them

Funnily enough I don't mind the internal routing. I've had to change brake lines and a derailleur cable and once you know how to do it, its a doddle.  

6 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Funnily enough I don't mind the internal routing. I've had to change brake lines and a derailleur cable and once you know how to do it, its a doddle.  

Yeah with tools, beer and practice it’s fine, but there are better solutions to the same problem. 
those frame grommets get stuck if not removed often . 
the brass inserts come lose from the plastic bodies leaving the inserts stuck in the frame.

it adds cost to the product that doesn’t really return better value