MTB upgrade suggestions for wife? (100mm vs 120mm)

Dup08

Howzit Hubbers,

Sitting with a bit of a dilemma. It's time to upgrade my wifes MTB to something newer and lighter.Her current bike is a 2014 Aluminium Scott Spark 740 with 120mm travel front and rear.

So looking of course to upgrade to full carbon as the bike weight does play a role here. (She cant lose those extra kg's fat like me)

Need some suggestions on travel to choose (120mm vs 100mm) and some bike options. Not opposed to going 2nd hand. (A nice small frame merida in the classifieds look appealing) 

Rider details:
Height - 160cm
Weight - 54kg

Budget is around R50k to R75k, can stretch a bit if something good comes up.

Lastly to mention, we ride a vairety of trails, but staying in Gauteng we will of course not be tackling crazy techy terrain. Normally ride trails such as Torako, Buffelsdrift, Hennops and will be doing Sani2C next year, also like doing a bit of gravel rides for the distance. Not racing at the sharp end of anything, just need a nice capable bike for the type of riding we mostly do.

Will appreciate the input!

Edited by Dup08
Bike model correction

Look at the Silverback Stratos elite from Cycle lab, they had them on special for R45k, not bad, except for the SX gears, otherwise a good buy.(Edit - I see they are off the website now)

Edited by Dexter-morgan

For the type of riding you describe, 100mm travel will suffice.  You can consider 120 if you going to do rougher and longer stuff.

There are several previous gen Trek Top Fuels in the classifieds in size S at the moment. Perfect marathon / XC type bike. This one I linked to below looks like a winner and it is in JHB. The extra travel (115mm rear) will help with comfort on the longer trails and there is a lockout (sies) if the ride demands it. Nothing to upgrade either as it comes with nice lightweight carbon wheels, excellent suspension and a reliable drivetrain.:

Trek Top Fuel 9.8 (S) | Bike Hub

Edited by thebob

Kyle from cycle lab Boksburg here, I would suggest the silverback stratos as previously mentioned in another comment, the only component that is sx is the crank otherwise the bike is full GX . Also coming with a fox34 100m coming in at 59999.99