UCI Jnr Worlds 2008

THE BODY CENTRE

Anyone know what the program is for the rest of the week. I am on leave so watching the juniors and TdF is going to be great. Where, When, cost etc etc?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3rd event was won by NewZealand and the 4th by another French rider. Evan's chain came off in that race!!

turtlek - the Columbians ride Pinarello. sydd - i left before the kieren final

?

Has anybody ever seen these rollers locally? If yes' date=' please PM where

20080713_132938_IMG_0670.jpg
[/quote']

those rollers are only available overseas in denmark as far as i know but there is a set of rollers done by tacx with a similar design and are available through any LBS from cool heat i think they retail at about 1500

and thanks for the correction!!!!

and great job wit hthe pics can i hire you for my 21st at the end of the year smiley32.gif

Cool, thx FiasmThumbs%20Up

Guess I don't need to go away at all this week - all the action is in CT and at the TdFThumbs%20Up

how did the rest of the SA team do

Woman 500m time trial...Last and second last

Mens pursuit...Last

Mens Team Sprint...Last

Womans scratch race...Not last but half the field crashed.

Just goes to show that whoever was supposed to be incharge of this team and their training should be hung by their Balls (Or Titties)

or whoever was in charge of the team actually know how to ride a track bike because it is just scary how people who run the show look like they have never been on a bike (certain individuals excluded)

More results...........

Mens Keirin heats. South Africa Last and Last

No team pursuit and no womans Team sprint

Womans pursuit, second last.

This team and its management may just be able to rival our soccer world cup efforts by both the team and organisers.
Chunky2008-07-14 01:23:35

Thanks Ronelle. I saw those rollers when I raced overseas, the Chinese teams arrived with so many sets of them it was scary. try wiggle your way into the centre of the track and ask, Id like a pair too!!!

Last nights' Men Madison was one of the best races ever ridden at the Velodrome. Bike skills and the racing was world class. Well done to the Aussies for winning the race.

Last night Madison was hectic as was the woman's points although the latter was utterly dominated by Megan Dunn, class act Clap.

Some insight into my thoughts on the Madison for anyone interested:

The Italians we're a joke and caused a few missed changes because of their dangerous riding even after losing a lap

The Japanese should stick to Keirin, those little oakies fell hard Ouch

The pace looked fastish, but not eyes out for the whole distance.

The French were half asleep to let the Swiss win the last sprint thus relegating them off the podium

Aussies rode well to score consistently although the penultimate sprint win sealed it for them

The Swiss looked like Marvulli/Risi with loads of skill but just read the race wrong

The Belgians were classy along with the Germans

And mum gets a kiss from a new belgian World champ Tongue (event chrispy??)

20080716_143157_IMG_1536.jpg

Silver medal - Mens Omnium

Wonder why our cyclists are not on par with the rest of the world, well if our top coaches and managers have the attitude that says look after yourself and those whom you stand to gain from then we will stay doomed.

In conversation with some respected cycling persons a few weeks ago this was made clear hence the attitude within our cycling fratenity is in such a mess when it comes down to national teams and selections.

One looks at what our best lady junior done at SA's to the opposition on the track and road and yet the moment of truth arrives and she cannot maintain mixing with the rest of the world why( She has all the resources available to her and some of the best coaches helping her as well- JL and JP)

Gadi( Also has the resources and coaches) proved himself as one of the best around in SA on the track yet he has not reached the potential of the top guys in the world.(Winner of the Hern Hill trophy as well).

Now look at persons such as Sifiso, Burry and Cherize who has had the opportunity of training at the UCI academy and see where they are and what they achieved thus far does it not send out a message that we need more of this happening to our cyclists to prepare them for top level competitions and that CSA should have a properly constituted academy for grooming our future champions in all disciplines.

If JP can achive results for the Zambians,Kenyans, Namibians in his academy why not for SA as well or is it about the greed the agents and managers has for their cyclist and the lack of interest from our national body.

Imagine Nolan Jamie Gadi been enticed and eager to compete on the track at the highest level and on par with their peers would this not set a platform for our juniors to aspire for the same knowing their is a plan in place to get them onto the next level.

So to the coaches managers and financiers stop talking and pool your resources and knowledge and get out future stars onto the world platforms.

For some reason really struggling to upload pics of today's racing. Will try again tomorrow! If you did not attend - you missed a beautiful day in Cape Town IN JULY - and great racing too, especially in the Juniors Mens' race over 136km - where they averaged 45km/h through the streets of the mother city.