Cargo e-bikes in SA?

reggiepret

Hi,

I am looking for a e-bike with a cargo hold, something like the Bakfiets from the Neatherlands.

I haven't seen anything in SA yet, is it because of the lack of need for it in SA?

Also, a bike trailer could probably also work.

Thanks!
Reggie

Hi Reggie

My brother in law built one up a while ago and was trying to sell it.  Had it on bike hub a while.  I'm not sure if he did sell it, but I've sent him a message saying you're looking for one.

1 hour ago, reggiepret said:

Hi,

I am looking for a e-bike with a cargo hold, something like the Bakfiets from the Neatherlands.

I haven't seen anything in SA yet, is it because of the lack of need for it in SA?

Also, a bike trailer could probably also work.

Thanks!
Reggie

This one has more of a platform than a 'bak'

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/commuter-bikes/505910/omnium-cargo-bike-10-speed-will-consider-offers

Thanks @FirstV8 that looks amazing, and I think they can do the job. Will definitely visit them soon.

@buckstopper it is incredible to see the diversity in bikes around. Thanks for sharing the image.

@splat a great example of a cargo bike in SA. There is a bunch of stuff in the news about using these bikes: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiZ-dPzgK36AhWloVwKHQfaCrgQFnoECA8QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.news24.com%2Fnews24%2Fsouthafrica%2Fnews%2Fservice-on-a-bike-how-eldorado-park-man-took-the-plunge-to-bring-much-needed-services-to-his-community-20220923&usg=AOvVaw2Aa0AdM88f319LFykiRah8

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi 

Stroom.bike will launch in December 2022. Previous products include Larkcycles.com

Design in SA and manufactured at Stroom factory in Stellenbosch. The products include an electric long john, longtail and electric delta trailer.

Contact Peter-John with queries.

074 155 2670

IMG-20220923-WA0035.jpg

IMG-20220923-WA0030.jpg

If you do not have a limiting budget, I am sure that Dave Mercer could slap together something special for you!

6 hours ago, bouwerwogmailcom said:

Hi 

Stroom.bike will launch in December 2022. Previous products include Larkcycles.com

Design in SA and manufactured at Stroom factory in Stellenbosch. The products include an electric long john, longtail and electric delta trailer.

Contact Peter-John with queries.

074 155 2670

IMG-20220923-WA0035.jpg

IMG-20220923-WA0030.jpg

wow. i haven't seen box tubing on a bike since the legendary Raleigh M-TRAX. looks like they have not wasted money on frills, hope it goes well 

17 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

wow. i haven't seen box tubing on a bike since the legendary Raleigh M-TRAX. looks like they have not wasted money on frills, hope it goes well 

honestly looking at those does not look like much thought went into aesthetics or even rideability, the fork - headtube - bars look very upright