2023 Gravel Race Calendar

Bike Hub Features

Did someone say Gravel is the new golf? We are spoiled for choice here in South Africa, with our endless gravel roads, spectacular scenery, and towering passes. We’ve put together a list of gravel events for 2023 so that you can justify that N+1 purchase and ride your bike more this year. For a comprehensive […]

View full article

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, hilton_ said:

Berg 100?

Cullinan To Tonteldoos?

Events are loaded by the event organiser, or an interested party.  The event-bot sometimes load events, I am guessing this is upon request from the organiser

PLEASE ask these event organisers to load it here, OR get their permission to load it on their behalf :thumbup:

I WISH more organiers will make use of this portal .... looking for those one-day MTB events in the Boland ....

19 minutes ago, Packrat said:

The Grind?

Thank you! Do you have organiser details or a website I can check?

The Magalies one makes the Race to the Sun seem like a rip off all things considered. 

You could technically add the Transbaviaans, 36One, the Munga (and the Grit) et al to that list, since you could ride your gravel bike there too...

1 hour ago, guidodg said:

The Greyton Pie Gravel ride which this year will include an incredible 100 miler route as well...

Please add it to the calendar, and I'll include in the article 😊

48 minutes ago, guidodg said:

The Greyton Pie Gravel ride which this year will include an incredible 100 miler route as well...

Now this I am interested in (having already booked accommodation for that weekend 😀)

2 hours ago, Shebeen said:

Karoo2Coast sounds like a gravel race, anyone done it?

#trollinglikeahipster

I've done it. More of a downhill race. You'll need at least an enduro bike or even a DH bike, with full face helmet and body armour.

Serious question here. But surely a hard tail is a better choice than an actual gravel bike? 

Unless the route has loads of tar sections, why would you opt for a gravel instead of a hard tail? Just put some narrower less aggressive tyres on and you’re good to go. You’ll also descend so much better as well. Anyways, that’s my 2c for the day.