Kickr connection

justinlo

Hi All. 
So I am new to the indoor trainer set up, specifically the Kicker 4 and ROUVY app set up. 

For the first month no issues. 

The last few rides ,I connect , start workout and after a few minutes the App looses connection to Kickr, ( as in the Watts shows as N/A) then it connects and I continue and then it disconnects and so on. 

Has anyone else had such issues. 
 I have manually disconnected/removed the trainer, uninstalled the ROUVY App , re-installed the app and reconnected the kickr and no luck. 

I am connecting via Bluetooth  

Is there a possibility of another Bluetooth device in house causing interference ?

Is it a Wi-Fi connection issues due to load shedding somewhere else, as when i connect I have power in house. 

Last night i did run a firmware update on the Kickr , so I need to see if that helps. 

Thanks. 

BT connections are not the greatest if there are other devices in the vicinity that connect without you knowing - You need to make sure phones tablets and all other BT devices have BT switched off

WiFi connection could be an issue during loadshedding - I get terrible connection on vodacom 4G| during loadshedding and my Telkom Wifi slows down or i get lots of dropped connections on ZWIFT.

If i was you i would set it up on ANT+ connections its a lot n more stable - i run both TR & ZWIFT at the same time off a windows laptop using 2 ANT+ dongles 1 for ZWIFT & 1 for TR - works perfect  

Thanks for your input. 

I do have an Ant+ sensor, I will give it a try and see if it helps. 

As it’s super annoying. 

On 1/21/2023 at 9:21 AM, justinlo said:

Hi All. 
So I am new to the indoor trainer set up, specifically the Kicker 4 and ROUVY app set up. 

For the first month no issues. 

The last few rides ,I connect , start workout and after a few minutes the App looses connection to Kickr, ( as in the Watts shows as N/A) then it connects and I continue and then it disconnects and so on. 

Has anyone else had such issues. 
 I have manually disconnected/removed the trainer, uninstalled the ROUVY App , re-installed the app and reconnected the kickr and no luck. 

I am connecting via Bluetooth  

Is there a possibility of another Bluetooth device in house causing interference ?

Is it a Wi-Fi connection issues due to load shedding somewhere else, as when i connect I have power in house. 

Last night i did run a firmware update on the Kickr , so I need to see if that helps. 

Thanks. 

I had the same thing when I was running Rouvy off a phone with bluetooth and a kickr 1. It is happier now with a pc. I also used to double record, record power hr, speed etc on my garmin and then have it all on rouvy as well. I think if there are too many options then it does battle.

You can try to do a firmware update. Download the Wahoo app on your phone and update the firmware from there.

I had some connection issues on my Kickr Core and a firmware update sorted it.

Yes, I managed to get an update to the Kickr and I went with the Ant+ connection rather, as my house is full of other Bluetooth devices.

Previously I was exercising very early morning but since load shedding was in my time spot this week, I opted to workout later in the afternoon , which resulted in the issues arising as the family was up and about.

The Ant+ option at the moment seems to be the best option for my set up , as to get everyone to switch off their devices is a mission.

Also, if possible, run on a 5Ghz wifi network. The 2.4GHz also causes interference with bluetooth connections. 

As already mentioned, check for other bluetooth devices trying to connect. Sometimes, it causes your phone to switch momentarily and then you will have a drop-out. ANT+ should help solve this issue.