Summer fast one

Who was the race organizer that decided to hoof the 70km riders along the side of the R59 highway in the sloot, with traffic, then against traffic on the way home? 

You had plenty other routes to use but instead used the water furrow on the highway....

I don't care who you are. You're an idiot for selecting that section. 

And csa... You lot should have stepped in and changed the route, when you approved it before it even started. 

Morons... Its the least I can say

Edited by 117

Looks like they avoided having to place a marshal or two, when crossing Joan road. Why cross it when you can go under?

What pissed me off, was that Gauteng cycling officials were running around all over the place looking all too important to control their minions, yet they were happy send their flock into that race knowing of the dangers. 
No one had access to the route before hand except the powers that be, and I'm sure there would have been a rather large outcry if entrants had seen this before the race day. 

Absolute disgrace if you ask me, regardless of having one less marshal to help control traffic for riders to cross a road

This really annoyed me!!! CSA representatives sanctioned this event!!! How on earth is this safe, 40km riders did the same!! 

Lots of people got lost, jeepers, there are young kids and woman riding around alone trying to find the route markings and get back to the finish!! 

We will never do this event again and it is a disgrace. 

For my clubs race, the Race Director has to answer all queries received from participants through CyclingSA. Perhaps if enough people complain, they might actually address it.