Blaze a Trail Across the Tankwa Karoo in the 2023 News24 Karoo Burn

News bot

Gravel is growing in South Africa and the News24 Karoo Burn is primed to spark the kindling. With the R355, the country’s most infamous unpaved road, as the proving ground this is a must do event for any off-road challenger. At 242 kilometres in length; a standard hundred miler would call it a day when […]

View full article

ooooh big media wants to go cycling again?!

pity the Oak Valley 24hr race i was planning on doing next month got canned due to low interest. the News24HR sounds like an obvious tag line!

Edited by Shebeen

16 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

ooooh big media wants to go cycling again?!

pity the Oak Valley 24hr race i was planning on doing next month got canned due to low interest. the News24HR sounds like an obvious tag line!

Still better than Momentum Medical Scheme (insert race name) Extreme/Ultimate, presented by Biogen

2 hours ago, Spinnekop said:

That entry fee is eye watering.
I'll save up...........use the R2k for a accommodation and go ride on my own there.  

I'm not a big fan of Dryland as they seem to lack imagination and stick to their predictable formula. But they are an excellent logistics company and run events very well. This race has 6 water points and is really good value IMO. They have to staff an event like this for 24hrs on race day. Let alone the lead up to the event.

This topic seems to be awfully quiet 🙄

Still looking for possible shared logistics from the Boland area !

Update on the road conditions?

CX 👍🏻 or 👎🏻

I'm more worried about the weather than the road conditions 😅

Looking at posts from previous years, I would say go with a MTB if you want comfort.

If you want to challenge for the podium go for a gravel bike.