cranks & Blades

EBRAHIM Latif

Just now, EBRAHIM Latif said:

what does 110 bcd mean  , does all five hole cranks fit & can a 11 speed blade be used with 10 speed cluster & chain  

Crank blades usually can run 10 or 11spd. As for the 110bcd it's the distance between the bolts so not all 5 hole crank/blades are the same. I have found that not even cranks from the same brand are the same. So the bcd is important and whether it is symmetric or not as in the case of some Shimano cranks. 

Edited by Me rida my bicycle

10 hours ago, EBRAHIM Latif said:

what does 110 bcd mean  , does all five hole cranks fit & can a 11 speed blade be used with 10 speed blade 

110bcd:  
110mm between opposite holes.  

On the 5 hole system you get 110 and 130
110 is typically reserved for "compact" chainrings 50/34 type stuff (But not limited to compact though)
130 is typically reserved for big blade stuff 54/42 etc.

10/11/12 speed blades should all work but with SRAM flat chain you might have issues is some cases.

Edited by Spinnekop

Firstly blades shouldn't be on a crank. Rather fit Chainrings.

110GCD is the mounting diameter for the chainring lugs. This is the Compact standard that allows chainrings from about 34T up to 56T to be fitted.

Not all 5hole chainrings will fit all 110BCD 5 hole cranks. E.g Not all FSA chainrings work on other cranks. Shimano Chainrings are also culprits here. There are generic chainrings that will fit most craks but products from the big 3 are often not fully cross compatible.

11 speed chainrings can be used with 10 speed systems. Not all 10 speed chainrings can be used with 11 speed systems