NSquared Distribution

julesfield

… bike industry is in the pain cave! If you follow what’s happening across the pond! I mean I was at CL during the week and not one gravel bike on the showroom floor, just a lot guys playing on phones… 

Nsquared were in trouble long before the bike industry had issues. Years of countless lies and empty promises and often borderline stealing. Ask any bike shop that had dealings with them. It looks like it finally caught up with them. I dont wish liquidation on anyone, but hey karma, die wiel draai, goes around yada yada. 
Julesfield, sorry for your loss. I would not be surprised that they forced you into a small just to move some remaining stock. Probably best to move the parts to a new frame, and sell the small frame. 

Edited by Endurobro

On 2/23/2023 at 4:24 PM, julesfield said:

Does anybody know if NSquared Distribution is still in business?

I bought a Basso Palta Gravel bike from them in November last year. They insisted that I should take a small rather than a Medium.

I took it based on the understanding that they would change the bike/frame to a medium if it was too small

I have been trying to get them to change the bike since I received it on the 20th of December 2022.

They have made promises after promises. Now they have disappeared. I believe they have even "moved" offices.

Anybody got any ideas on how to contact them?

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-23 at 7.55.44 AM.jpeg

how tall are you?

arm length?

IS it so small that you can't get the seat post high enough?

Yeti offices are in Westlake business park, Regent Park. Go into Westlake Business Park, first right, first gate on your left... Large Yeti sign on the wall. 

1 minute ago, Louzy said:

Yeti offices are in Westlake business park, Regent Park. Go into Westlake Business Park, first right, first gate on your left... Large Yeti sign on the wall. 

Yeti does not have a local distributor in SA anylonger. You have to deal with them direct.

The store with the large Yeti sign is NSquared.

1 minute ago, DieselnDust said:

Yeti does not have a local distributor in SA anylonger. You have to deal with them direct.

And it looks like NSquared/Ant Nash are as elusive as the Yeti........

1 hour ago, Endurobro said:

Nsquared were in trouble long before the bike industry had issues. Years of countless lies and empty promises and often borderline stealing. Ask any bike shop that had dealings with them. It looks like it finally caught up with them. I dont wish liquidation on anyone, but hey karma, die wiel draai, goes around yada yada. 
Julesfield, sorry for your loss. I would not be surprised that they forced you into a small just to move some remaining stock. Probably best to move the parts to a new frame, and sell the small frame. 

I’ve dealt with them in the past, and huge mistrust and full of BS! So yeah what goes around, eventually comes around. Should have gone to OZ, they love boomerangs! 🤣🤣🤣

59 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Sorry… I meant “Yeti”

On 2/23/2023 at 4:24 PM, julesfield said:

Does anybody know if NSquared Distribution is still in business?

I bought a Basso Palta Gravel bike from them in November last year. They insisted that I should take a small rather than a Medium.

I took it based on the understanding that they would change the bike/frame to a medium if it was too small

I have been trying to get them to change the bike since I received it on the 20th of December 2022.

They have made promises after promises. Now they have disappeared. I believe they have even "moved" offices.

Anybody got any ideas on how to contact them?

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-23 at 7.55.44 AM.jpeg

Just out of curiosity how tall are you?

I ride a small (size 52) road bike and a large (size 56) gravel bike. My gravel bike has less reach than my road bike both with 120mm stems, which is absolutely fine, I wanted that bike to feel close to the roadie but a little less extreme for daily training rides.

If the OP wanted a size medium and was given a small, it is probably very small for him as most gravel bikes I've analyse geo for I would have been between 54 and 56 if not almost always 56 (Although on my current 56 my seatpost is almost at the lowest).

Sorry about that mate, not cool at all

2 hours ago, Jono said:

Just out of curiosity how tall are you?

I am 1,72. I have a number of gravel bikes (Steel) which are medium and work just fine.

The issue is that Basso Small is that the drop from the saddle to the bar is huge and very aggressive. When riding gravel and jeep track you need to a more upright position.

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

I ride a small (size 52) road bike and a large (size 56) gravel bike. My gravel bike has less reach than my road bike both with 120mm stems, which is absolutely fine, I wanted that bike to feel close to the roadie but a little less extreme for daily training rides.

If the OP wanted a size medium and was given a small, it is probably very small for him as most gravel bikes I've analyse geo for I would have been between 54 and 56 if not almost always 56 (Although on my current 56 my seatpost is almost at the lowest).

On the Basso small the seat post is very close to the max

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

Apparently this is how you should ride a Basso Gravel bike.

image.png