ESCAPE independent bike media

Shebeen

I just signed up - please do the same. This is really the only place you will get proper cycling journalism. Their podcasts are amazing too. 

I see they made their funding goal.

5000 founders, either at 99USD per annum (or $1000USD for life!).

so that's a minimum of $500k, a nice healthy start.

I sat on the fence, but remain interested!

• 2 weeks later...

The Escape Collective website is live 😍 - https://escapecollective.cc

Really good looking website by some of the best cycling journalists in the world. Have a peek. 

Please sign up if you can - they are 80% member funded (20% selective ads). So they work for us, not the advertisers. Great podcasts too.

If you don't already know, this is almost the entire crew from the once-fantastic, recently destroyed-by-corporate-overlords, Cycling Tips website. 

• 1 month later...

I need to decide which cycling website to support.

Previously  was Cyclingtips, lacked a bit if racing and took Cyclingnews as well.

Looking for one place, any feesback on Escape Collective? 

On 5/11/2023 at 1:23 PM, DJuice said:

I need to decide which cycling website to support.

Previously  was Cyclingtips, lacked a bit if racing and took Cyclingnews as well.

Looking for one place, any feesback on Escape Collective? 

Really good, I enjoy their work. Also depends on what you’re looking for. Personally I enjoy unique/singular angle features and content that overlaps with the racing/industry side of things. This they do well, really well!

Probably because Escape are mostly ex CT founders/staffers. 
In short, Cycling Tips along with other cycling, outdoor and sports titles ended up under a large holding company. 
They laid off the core team of CT, others resigned and ergo Escape was born. 

This pod gives really good insight; https://podcasts.apple.com/za/podcast/the-adventure-stache/id1459162520?i=1000612090526

9 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

Really good, I enjoy their work. Also depends on what you’re looking for. Personally I enjoy unique/singular angle features and content that overlaps with the racing/industry side of things. This they do well, really well!

Probably because Escape are mostly ex CT founders/staffers. 
In short, Cycling Tips along with other cycling, outdoor and sports titles ended up under a large holding company. 
They laid off the core team of CT, others resigned and ergo Escape was born. 

This pod gives really good insight; https://podcasts.apple.com/za/podcast/the-adventure-stache/id1459162520?i=1000612090526

Thanks Danger Dassie, pulled the trigger, they are covering the cc mtb as well.

Left CT due to Outside.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...