Easiest way to get a bike from Cape Town to JHB?

Skylark

What's the easiest way to get a bike from Cape Town to JHB and what's the approx cost?
If I recall correctly some bike shops offer this service?
A guy wants to buy my bike and it'll need to get from me in Cape Town to him in JHB, I can't do it myself so I need to find someone that can do it.

Does anyone have any ideas?
There must be lots of bike in Cape Town for the tour that need to get back to the hinterland!

Most bike shops will package and courier it for you, alternatively, some shops will give away bike boxes and they not difficult at all to package
Any option you go for should be in the area of R600-900

I have a bike box for you, ( Cardboard disposable ) in HB   

Pack it up and get a courier to collect  

2 minutes ago, Milosh said:

I have a bike box for you, ( Cardboard disposable ) in HB   

Pack it up and get a courier to collect  

HB meaning Hout Bay?
How easy is it to get the bike packed in a box, how much tearing down and bubblewrap do you need to do?

8 minutes ago, Skylark said:

HB meaning Hout Bay?
How easy is it to get the bike packed in a box, how much tearing down and bubblewrap do you need to do?

Removal of handlebar, derailleur, wheels, pedals and seatpost, if it doesnt have a dropper
If you want to or if possible the chain as well
Then bubble wrap all stanchions and the wheels so that they dont damage the frame, and chuck it in a box 

- box from box man. I think you can keep the rear wheel on in these boxes. R220

- remove front wheel, seatpost, and handlebar off of stem. Pack in box, making sure they loose bits wont rub. usually I tape them to the frame somewhere.

- deliver to the courier guy depot (this is cheaper). Recent shipping was around R700, but depends on weight 

4 hours ago, Skylark said:

HB meaning Hout Bay?

YUP

I took the front wheel off, Put the fork in a padded icecream tub, ( this keeps the fork off the bottom of the bike box and centers it, than remove the pedals. place in box , loosen the handlebar but not cables to make it fit, front wheel on the side, and packed the rest of the box with assorted padding. 

Packingup bike.jpg

Take to a bike shop, let them box it for you.. then call a courier company and let them fetch it from the shop and deliver to destination. 

I use Andrew +27 82 882 6238, Andrew@triptychsa.co.za.. usually charge +-R650 one way.

cheers