Insurance claim on discontinued shifters

Zatek

I recently had an accident on my roadbike where left hand shifter got damaged. Problem is that SRAM RED Etap 2x11 groupset was discontinued. 

Question is that AXS has replaced the Etap and I am hoping that both shifter to be replaced (at least) because the design and size is different. Received 2 qoutes and both qoues are more than 66% of insured value of the bicycle.

Any advice or hubbers that had the same issue?

I got paid out cash, and could buy whatever I wanted.

I had DA (think it was ST-7700) which were discontinued, so bought Ultegra shifters from CRC that matched the payout I got.

18 minutes ago, Zatek said:

I recently had an accident on my roadbike where left hand shifter got damaged. Problem is that SRAM RED Etap 2x11 groupset was discontinued. 

Question is that AXS has replaced the Etap and I am hoping that both shifter to be replaced (at least) because the design and size is different. Received 2 qoutes and both qoues are more than 66% of insured value of the bicycle.

Bicycle insurance doesn’t work on a 66% value written-off like a car. Nor does under insurance apply.

In other words, your bicycle is probably under-insured but you will get paid out the value of the shifters regardless of it being 66% of the value.

34 minutes ago, Zatek said:

There are a few options. They will most likely pay you out cash. Is it a rim or disk brake groupset ?

You could get a pair of rim brake axs force sti's. They are backwards compatable with 11spd and should work. My guess would be about 8k for a pair   

As far as I can see the only diffrence is the number of ports for the blips. Red has two , Force has one. Think the weights are almost the same.