Apologies-please can we do the GCN costing again, I can't find the post with the info.

OVERDRIVE

35 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

How much better is it compared to the free content ?

I've found that since just before they launched GCN+, the free content changed to cater for the beginner cyclist and most of the stuff is now just re-hashed content. It makes me reluctant to put down hard earned money on GCN+

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure as I've just been watching and haven't been making the distinction between what was available to subscribers only. I'm pretty sure most of the long add-free documentaries are only available to subscribers though, and in my opinion they are really good. But I'm a bit of a bike dork with that stuff, I sat and watched a whole documentary on the history or reynolds steel and loved it. Might not be for everyone.

@Frosty's suggestion is great. Maybe do a 1 month trial in May, it's the perfect month for reasons he's already mentioned. You can maybe just pay month by month for May, June, July and August, then cancel. You can get your fill on the 3 big tours and watch all the documentaries to death. Apart from the Giro Di Lombardia, you wont miss too much after August (Bracing myself for some abuse because I've probably forgotten some important race).

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

This is becoming too deep...DSTV. 

yep... bow to the man, pay 4 times the price and get to watch less than a 1/3rd (my estimate) of the races.  

1 hour ago, Maniax said:

yep... bow to the man, pay 4 times the price and get to watch less than a 1/3rd (my estimate) of the races.  

How much is DStv per month now? Ditched it in 2017.

I think it was R900 and something (with extra-view).
Compared to GCN+ and possibly one of either Netflix/Disney/Prime.
R750 + R149 = 1/12th of DStv.

edit: R750 is per annum. So R62.50/month for GCN+, R149 (Netflix) and R60 (VPN). R270 compared to R900. A 1/4 was correct. 😊

Edited by Frosty

10 minutes ago, Frosty said:

How much is DStv per month now? Ditched it in 2017.

I think it was R900 and something (with extra-view).
Compared to GCN+ and possibly one of either Netflix/Disney/Prime.
R750 + R149 = 1/12th of DStv.

+VPN

But still cheaper than DSTV and much better quality

9 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

+VPN

But still cheaper than DSTV and much better quality

The VPN is like software; mandatory purchase for online protection. I’ll take reduced speed over no protection. But I guess for comparison, add another R800/year, or R66/month

Edited by Frosty