Any cyclists from Hartswater?

DehanL

I'm buying a bike and trainer from a cyclist in Hartswater, Norther Cape. Having a bit of a hard time verifying that he is indeed a legitimate seller. 

Thought I'd try my luck here and see if anyone knows a Donald Edward Smith from Hartswater?

Long shot, but hey, I've been surprised by the detective skills from this community before.

Thanks guys

If not on Bikehub using Bikehub Pay, follow above advice.

Edit: No disrespect to mr Smith, if legitimate, but no Strava profile at a quick glance... Additionally, given that you are using full names, I would assume the person shared an ID photo? Browse the scammer thread and you'll see the m.o. includes sharing an ID and being from the NC...

Edited by Roul

Only one I can find on the socials seems to live in Piet Retief, Mpumalanga. 

“Your” one seems dodge. 

As a matter of interest did he ask for cash or e-wallet? 

If you negotiated did he immediately accept your offer? 

40 minutes ago, Roul said:

If not on Bikehub using Bikehub Pay, follow above advice.

Edit: No disrespect to mr Smith, if legitimate, but no Strava profile at a quick glance... Additionally, given that you are using full names, I would assume the person shared an ID photo? Browse the scammer thread and you'll see the m.o. includes sharing an ID and being from the NC...

Forgot to add the disclaimer, you’re right. 💀

29 minutes ago, RobynE said:

Only one I can find on the socials seems to live in Piet Retief, Mpumalanga. 

“Your” one seems dodge. 

As a matter of interest did he ask for cash or e-wallet? 

If you negotiated did he immediately accept your offer? 

Cancel this deal OP and walk away 

On 4/2/2023 at 3:21 PM, DehanL said:

I'm buying a bike and trainer from a cyclist in Hartswater, Norther Cape. Having a bit of a hard time verifying that he is indeed a legitimate seller. 

Thought I'd try my luck here and see if anyone knows a Donald Edward Smith from Hartswater?

Long shot, but hey, I've been surprised by the detective skills from this community before.

Thanks guys

I have been to Hartswater before. Cannot remember that I met one person who could speak English nevermind having such English sounding names in Hartswater. Just my 2 cents worth 

I was born and bred in Hartswater.

Unlikely name/surname for the region. Yet, the community is suprisingly plentiful (our matric class was north of 60 back in '89). 

Agree with posts above, unless using payhub, rather move on.