Racetec no more?

Titleist

Is Racetec still with us? I saw a rumour they don’t exist anymore. All media channels are also down.

13 minutes ago, Titleist said:

Is Racetec still with us? I saw a rumour they don’t exist anymore. All media channels are also down.

They did ride for sight

I know in Joburg they have reduced the number of staff on their books, as a result of the pandemic. The Race Office is also down numbers and taking in limited business. Being owned by the CT Trust, I assume they will be around for the CTCT and all seeding-related events.

12 hours ago, ChrisF said:

They did CTCT a few weeks back.

With about 10+ timing mat locations. maybe they got all the hardware from the rest of the country back to the CT office.

I know someone who was involved a few years back, said it was quite profitable, BUT I figure a lot of fixed costs that are now not covered by less events happening. I even got him to admit that the timing chips are a total ripoff/great margins (depending what side of the fence you're on).

10 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

With about 10+ timing mat locations. maybe they got all the hardware from the rest of the country back to the CT office.

I know someone who was involved a few years back, said it was quite profitable, BUT I figure a lot of fixed costs that are now not covered by less events happening. I even got him to admit that the timing chips are a total ripoff/great margins (depending what side of the fence you're on).

how much are the timing chips these days ?

My chip dates back to when it was still WinningTime.

24 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

The rate charged per rider, plus the setup fee is not that much to be making profit. 2-3 people in site (for a medium sized race). They must pay peanuts, and something I wouldn’t do as a job.

3 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

I bought one for the 2022 Argus .... Something like R150.

• 2 weeks later...

i heard the PPA sold Racetec - but they couldn't tell me who bought it. mumbled something like 'old equipment, old technology etc etc 

7 minutes ago, babse said:

Meaning that PPA owned them? Never knew that... 

Cycle Tour Trust were the owners.

5 minutes ago, babse said:

Meaning that PPA owned them? Never knew that... 

was 'top secret' but over the years , coffee rides makes some tongues loose. 

On 4/17/2023 at 8:41 AM, The Ouzo said:

You and I both….😂😂

5 hours ago, The itch said:

was 'top secret' but over the years , coffee rides makes some tongues loose. 

Coffee and Smirnoff Spin….😂😂😂