Trail Daze 2.0 | Banhoek Conservancy

News bot

October 2017 saw the last episode of Trail Daze 1.0 go live. It was a 3 year long passion project showcasing some of the best mountain bike trails South Africa has to offer. We travelled throughout the country in search of sublime singletrack, epic views and in one case even road from Wilderness to Knysna […]

View full article

31 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Nice - need to get out there this winter.

You won't regret it, it checks a lot of boxes 👌

Welcome back to the Trail Daze series. I really enjoyed version 1.0, and it\'s awesome to see it back again for more fantastic images and great write-ups of the amazing trails on offer around these parts. And to start with Bethlehem farm is a omen of good things to come.

16 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Welcome back to the Trail Daze series. I really enjoyed version 1.0, and it\'s awesome to see it back again for more fantastic images and great write-ups of the amazing trails on offer around these parts. And to start with Bethlehem farm is a omen of good things to come.

Great to be back! We hope to do it justice and get more people out on the trails.

9 hours ago, Headshot said:

Just worried these trails ar E-Bike specific 🙂

They're definitely not E-bike specific, but can certainly be enjoyed by both. That's why we had a normal bike and E-bike in the episode.

Great to see Trail daze are back! @Headshot Please explain the meaning of \"E-bike specific\"? or do you mean skill level specific? n Fiets is mos n fiets en n trail n trail...The rider makes the difference. My skill level allows me to go-big at Banhoek, where the next guy loves the Super-tube flow of the trail? Be that on E-bike, Analog or Drie-wiel.

2 hours ago, Mohs said:

Great to see Trail daze are back! @Headshot Please explain the meaning of \"E-bike specific\"? or do you mean skill level specific? n Fiets is mos n fiets en n trail n trail...The rider makes the difference. My skill level allows me to go-big at Banhoek, where the next guy loves the Super-tube flow of the trail? Be that on E-bike, Analog or Drie-wiel.

I think he might be referring to the fact that more and more trails/enduro’s and what-nots only go down half the time and are a bit ‘xc’ in that you’ll do some ascending on the way down as well, you know…. use the full range of your cassette lol.

I think the modern trail builder partial to ebikes could 100% forget that some of us are still on ‘Amish’ bicycles.  It certainly makes their lives easier. Banhoek is not one though… you can gooi an Aaron Gwin and go down chainless for that matter.

it is a bit ‘flowey’  but it rides awesome and is probably one of the best maintained around.

Edited by MORNE

I don't much care for what specific bike those trails are built for. The miles-to-smiles ratio is strong at Banhoek. If you have the impetus to ride down there and send it on a TT bike who am I to question that.

Whenever I ride there I leave with the biggest smile.

Well done Ewald! And The Hub. Lekker read and lekkerder pics of a very special place. Thanks.

• 6 months later...
Well done Ewald. Die foto’s is amazing en mens kry regtig lus om sommer op jou fiets te spring en die trail te gaan verken!