Stolen: Santa Cruz Tallboy 2 2015 (Western Cape)

AndrewHemp

Stolen: Santa Cruz Tallboy 2 2015

When: 23/06/2023

Where: Table Mountain (Nature Reserve), Cape Town, Western Cape

Fox fork and shock; Specialized command dropper; Shimano Deore 11 speed drive train; Csixx chainring; Level TL brakes; Lyne components bar and stem; Stamp2 pedals; Ergon saddle and grips; A Little hand pump attached next to the bottle cage.

Get further details about the incident in the Stolen Bikes section.

11 hours ago, AndrewHemp said:

Stolen: Santa Cruz Tallboy 2 2015

When: 23/06/2023

Where: Table Mountain (Nature Reserve), Cape Town, Western Cape

Fox fork and shock; Specialized command dropper; Shimano Deore 11 speed drive train; Csixx chainring; Level TL brakes; Lyne components bar and stem; Stamp2 pedals; Ergon saddle and grips; A Little hand pump attached next to the bottle cage.

Get further details about the incident in the Stolen Bikes section.

image.png.3220ae7389a9e1a4268146f0bd981f90.png

29 minutes ago, Meezo said:

So it probably was dumped then found by this guy?

I think that was one of the guys that robbed me. I spoke to someone from that group this morning. The descriptions and clothing match and the route he took matches what I saw on the tracking. I recon they probably dropped the bike off somewhere in Woodstock. I'm going to have more of a detailed look at the GPS data later and see if there was anywhere they stopped for a prolonged amount of time. Don't know if it'll amount to anything, but it's worth a try.

The bike was found this morning!

A hiker spotted it stashed in the bushes on the lower part of the mountain, near the shooting range I think. A bit scratched up and rusty with a flat front wheel, but otherwise it appears to be okay.

A massive thank you to Matt the hiker for getting it back to me. You're a legend bru!

7 hours ago, AndrewHemp said:

The bike was found this morning!

A hiker spotted it stashed in the bushes on the lower part of the mountain, near the shooting range I think. A bit scratched up and rusty with a flat front wheel, but otherwise it appears to be okay.

A massive thank you to Matt the hiker for getting it back to me. You're a legend bru!

Good news, so they just made off with your gps unit then?