SMALL foldable e-bike

ChrisF

For a friend .... promise ... :P

A budy is a keen camper, and they want to take a SMALL foldable e-bike on their trips.

It must fit inside the camper, thus the need for it to be very small.

He has traced this one down, from a European website -

Any ideas where to find something like that in SA ?

Screenshot_20230712_163120_WhatsApp.jpg.ab2140a875753554b31bd702a44654fd.jpg

Chilled Squirel gave him a cold shoulder.

Go-Electric (new name for the Darrvin importers) dont do this, but they have offered to ask in their circle of contacts.  :thumbup:

PS - We had a long chat about wheel size vs handling .... they understand, but packing space is a decider.

PPS - Yes, they have their reasons for wanting an e-bike .... A standard bike is not an option. (also discussed getting a standard bike, then doing a Chilled Squirrel conversion .... not interested after the service they got in-store)

Edited by ChrisF

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

A budy is a keen camper, and they want to take a SMALL foldable e-bike on their trips.

Go-Electric (new name for the Darrvin importers) dont do this, but they have offered to ask in their circle of contacts.  :thumbup:

PS - We had a long chat about wheel size vs handling .... they understand, but packing space is a decider.

PPS - Yes, they have their reasons for wanting an e-bike .... A standard bike is not an option. (also discussed getting a standard bike, then doing a Chilled Squirrel conversion .... not interested after the service they got in-store)

What about those battery scooters. With the lawnmower looking wheels. Also good

1 hour ago, Zebra said:

Surprised - and annoyed - if/that Chilled Squirrel gave him the cold shoulder - most unusual, and not my 7year+ experience, disappointing, but following the thread…

Cheers

Chris

Same here.  At Riverclub I only had good service from them.

2 hours ago, LazyTrailRider said:

The folded deminsions of this unit does not fit in their camper .... ironically same reason the seller cant take it on his yaght.

Pity, as that Shimano spec bike should be top quality.  And it certainly looks a lot better than most in its class

22 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Hello From Chilled Squirrel,

We are so sorry to hear that one of our squirrels gave a cold shoulder. We have very warm shoulders here. However if something slipped up and somehow one of us Squirrels acted in this way , I would appreciate the chance to make amends. 

We do have small fold up electric bikes - both mid drive and hub drive electric folding bikes.

Here in Cape Town , SA. 

Please call me on 062 548 3493 or Visit our online E-bike store at www.chilledsquirrel.co.za or main website www.chilledsquirrel.com or call Tel 0214470304 .

Thanks , 

Matt 

ELECTRIC-FOLDING-BIKE.jpeg

grevys-white.jpeg

20 hours ago, Zebra said:

Surprised - and annoyed - if/that Chilled Squirrel gave him the cold shoulder - most unusual, and not my 7year+ experience, disappointing, but following the thread…

Cheers

Chris

Hey Chris thanks for your comments. Would love to know who at Chilled Squirrel gave anyone a cold shoulder . It would be against everything we stand for . If anyone knows please let us know and be rest-assured I will make sure this is dealt with . Thanks again. 

19 hours ago, ChrisF said:

The folded dimensions of this unit does not fit in their camper .... ironically same reason the seller cant take it on his yacht.

Just having fun here:  "bicycle will not fit in NEITHER yacht, nor camper... "

CLEARLY, your friend needs a bigger yacht, and bigger camper.

There! Problem solved!

Middle-Class problems...😄

(tongue firmly in cheek!)

Edited by Zebra
speling

1 hour ago, Matt Leve said:

Hello From Chilled Squirrel,

We are so sorry to hear that one of our squirrels gave a cold shoulder. We have very warm shoulders here. However if something slipped up and somehow one of us Squirrels acted in this way , I would appreciate the chance to make amends. 

We do have small fold up electric bikes - both mid drive and hub drive electric folding bikes.

Here in Cape Town , SA. 

Please call me on 062 548 3493 or Visit our online E-bike store at www.chilledsquirrel.co.za or main website www.chilledsquirrel.com or call Tel 0214470304 .

Thanks , 

Matt 

ELECTRIC-FOLDING-BIKE.jpeg

grevys-white.jpeg

DANKIE Matt

I will forward the specs to him .... if the dimensions work I will drive him to your Century City address :thumbup:

55 minutes ago, Zebra said:

Just having fun here:  "bicycle will not fit in NEITHER yacht, nor camper... "

CLEARLY, your friend needs a bigger yacht, and bigger camper.

There! Problem solved!

Middle-Class problems...😄

(tongue firmly in cheek!)

Oooooo.... this is one never ending slippery slope ....

Start with a small nimble 4x4 .... FUN.  Rides circles around the big ones stuck in sand, litterally !!

Then the urge for tripss .... no, longer trips ..... crap, need packing space ..... 

Trade in, get one of those larger 4x4's your used to drive around .... now the journey starts to kit it out ..... and memorable trips.

But you always need more space .....

Next you hear the guys complain they are being charged "truck" access fees at parks !!

My buddy is onto his 3rd 4x4, a carefully selected 2 person sleep in camper.  But now the itch to fit more stuff in it .....

Jokes aside - such a pity that theft risk prohibits a rear bike mount.  (okay, that would not work for their layout, as the camper kitchen is accessed at the back of the camper.)

2 hours ago, Matt Leve said:

Hey Chris thanks for your comments. Would love to know who at Chilled Squirrel gave anyone a cold shoulder . It would be against everything we stand for . If anyone knows please let us know and be rest-assured I will make sure this is dealt with . Thanks again. 

UPDATE -

Had a nice chat and a good laugh with Matt now.

Yes, they were not able to help my neighbour immediately .... BUT, as @Zebra and myself have experienced over the years, Chilled Squirrel was working in the background and actually phoned my neighbour earlier today.

They are going above and beyond in trying to source something small enough :thumbup: