[Event] Tour de Worcester Road Race

MyriadEventsSA

20 hours ago, Jbr said:

If it doesn't, I'm emptying the tank at the crit and staying in bed the sunday ! Last thing I want is 4x5mins in the mud on my new road bikeĀ šŸ¤£

Any idea of the crit route? You riding Cat1 for crit?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Who else is hitting refresh every day to see if a new date has been announced? šŸ˜€

Also interested to know, in trying to re-configure my training blocks optimally...

šŸ˜Ž

On 9/18/2023 at 11:25 AM, bleedToWin said:

Who else is hitting refresh every day to see if a new date has been announced? šŸ˜€

Rumor has it new date is in 2024šŸ˜•

• 2 weeks later...

Yassus these okes.

I also see in the Winelands email that racetec chips are now redundant and we must buy disposable chips for 20 bucks per event.

Getting hard to feel the loveĀ 

30 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Yassus these okes.

I also see in the Winelands email that racetec chips are now redundant and we must buy disposable chips for 20 bucks per event.

Getting hard to feel the loveĀ 

We need to direct our anger at the Cycle Tour Trust who screwed over the smaller event organisers when they converted to a new timing system with no plan in place for events prior to the 2024 CTCT.Ā  Also screwed over the road cyclists that now have to purchase a temporary timing chip for every event they do the next 5 months.

21 hours ago, Jbr said:

28th on jan, same day as winelands, perfect :D

Nobody with clout, that can engage the two parties, to have one of them moved? It is not as if the Calendar (for road events) is full...

(Even 27 Jan, for one of them) will work for me.

Ā 

25 minutes ago, Akon said:

Nobody with clout, that can engage the two parties, to have one of them moved? It is not as if the Calendar (for road events) is full...

(Even 27 Jan, for one of them) will work for me.

Ā 

When theyā€™ll see no one enterā€™s because everyone still has their entry for TdW surely they will move their event šŸ˜… If they donā€™t no big deal Iā€™d gladly miss out on Windlands

Winelands not a sanctioned event. With Wocester on the same day, you stand a change of a 1 month ban if you do Winelands. Won't be able to race National Champs then.Ā 

4 hours ago, Thornman said:

Winelands not a sanctioned event. With Wocester on the same day, you stand a change of a 1 month ban if you do Winelands. Won't be able to race National Champs then.Ā 

Ā 

Interesting ....

Ā 

Event is PPA sanctioned.

Ā 

CSA license, or day license, is needed.

Ā 

Ā 

Wonder how many of the casual riders will care about CSA sanctioning .... outside of the first batch ...

Ā 

Ā 

From a casual rider's perspective - the spacing of Winelands, 99er and CTCT is already a full events calendar .... considering other commitments.

Ā 

Ā 

O-well .... let's see how this plays out.