[Event] Tour de Worcester Road Race

MyriadEventsSA

20 hours ago, Thornman said:

Winelands not a sanctioned event. With Wocester on the same day, you stand a change of a 1 month ban if you do Winelands. Won't be able to race National Champs then. 

Did they not maybe starting to apply for sanctioning after the tragedy 2 years ago? Just wondering out loud, but nothing on their website, and CSA calendar has TdW already listed so seems likely Winelands is still only PPA covered.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Did they not maybe starting to apply for sanctioning after the tragedy 2 years ago? Just wondering out loud, but nothing on their website, and CSA calendar has TdW already listed so seems likely Winelands is still only PPA covered.

What is the difference between an event being "CSA santioned" vs needing a CSA license or CSA day license for an event ?

The Winelands web page says PPA sanctioned and CSA (day) license needed

15 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

The Winelands web page says PPA sanctioned and CSA (day) license needed

Where?

image.png.10f5bc5d37fe7b9cb20d03ac89b17664.png

47 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Where?

image.png.10f5bc5d37fe7b9cb20d03ac89b17664.png

PPA - From the Winelands race webpage, also same wording on Entry Ninja -

Screenshot_20231001_191736_Chrome.jpg.af0654842c3e060f5385099cb973884b.jpg

CSA - From Entry Ninja, when registering for Winelands -

Screenshot_20231001_191918_Chrome.jpg.48245437c501d3bd9587036c2c5b1cc4.jpg

Just showing what I see on Entry Ninja ...

Open to learn from those that speak CSA, as to what all of this means ...

Winelands isn't CSA sanctioned it's a load of Bull, if anything goes wrong it's tickets for you. My son was punched during event and we couldn't take legal action simply because it's not a sanctioned event. I also believe that SA Road Champs is being held from 28th January 2024 so what now🤔

17 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

Like Chris mentioned - when you enter they mention a CSA license, so I am sure that they will be sanctioned.

I wouldn't read too much into the clash of dates with the TdW, this happens all the time with mtb and gravel events that are CSA sanctioned.

The only big event I am aware of that is not CSA sanctioned is Karoo to Coast

Edited by Skubarra

1 hour ago, FranE said:

I also believe that SA Road Champs is being held from 28th January 2024

51 minutes ago, stringbean said:

You know where SA road champs 2024 are  been held?

I'd also like that inside scoop 🙏

1 hour ago, stringbean said:

You know where SA road champs 2024 are  been held?

Joburg. Early Feb 😉

• 1 month later...

image.png.0058b4adbcc6fc45aea422b32d24ed49.png

On cycling SA site. Looks like it is now sanctionned ?

Fact that I have no idea what my current seeding index is AND that I missed Durbie Dash and One tonner makes me consider doing this rather than Tour de worcester that I was entered for and has been pushed on the same day...

Edited by Jbr

9 minutes ago, Jbr said:

image.png.0058b4adbcc6fc45aea422b32d24ed49.png

On cycling SA site. Looks like it is now sanctionned ?

Fact that I have no idea what my current seeding index is AND that I missed Durbie Dash and One tonner makes me consider doing this rather than Tour de worcester that I was entered for and has been pushed on the same day...

Given that this is not PPA/Racetec/Finish Time i dont think normal seeding would apply?

Also same date as Winelands Cycle Tour which is disappointing

7 hours ago, Skubarra said:

Given that this is not PPA/Racetec/Finish Time i dont think normal seeding would apply?

Also same date as Winelands Cycle Tour which is disappointing

Winelands is a seeding event.

They have a very different starting order to most other races I have done.

The racing snakes have their starting groups.  Then the Tandems.  Then a few more fast groups.  Then the e-bikes.  And then the weekend riders start ....  (would be interesting to hear how they seed the top riders)

They have an early price giving, and a lucky draw session.  No absurd long wait for the fast riders ....  Then a few hours later there is another lucky draw session for the weekend riders.

BEST VIBE of any road event I have experienced.

1 hour ago, Mamil said:

I'm still in 2 minds as to where I'll be on 28 Jan. Leaning towards Worcester just for some variety on my Strava heat map.

I think with the clash of dates the turnout will probably be small, might just turn out to be a long solo 140km if you get dropped early.... but since I have never done it before and the normal date always clashes with other events I will make the effort. With Oudtshoorn done its the only road race in the WC I still need to tick of my bucket list.