[Event] Fedhealth MTB Challenge

NicolaM

Event Name: Fedhealth MTB Challenge
When: 09/09/2023
Where: Root 44 Market and Wine Emporium, Stellenbosch, Western Cape
Category: Mountain Bike

The picturesque Root 44 Market, a place where vibrance, style and quality meets the avid market goer, with spectacular views of mountains and vineyards, will set the scene for one of the Western Cape’s most iconic individual 1-day mountain bike (MTB) events, the Fedhealth MTB Challenge.

Launched in 2015, the event caters for mountain bikers of all ages and capabilities, with routes boasting well-manicured, sensational single track and magnificent views.

The action kicks off on Saturday with the fun-filled Fedhealth MTB Challenge Kids Event (for ages 0 – 13) and Family Fun Ride (+-15km). On Sunday the more senior riders will have their time to shine at the Fedhealth MTB Challenge Marathon (+-60km) and Half Marathon (+-30km).

Whether you’re planning on racing or just looking for a fun day out on route with family and friends the Fedhealth MTB Challenge has an event just for you!

Go to Event Page.

On 7/20/2023 at 8:36 PM, Mamil said:

So ride this on the Saturday and the tour de Worcester on the Sunday....

Kids and family ride Saturday.

Half and full marathon on Sunday ....

Interesting concept

EDIT - Half and full marathon MOVED TO SATURDAY, noting weather forecast for Sunday.

Edited by ChrisF
DATE CHANGES

1 minute ago, ChrisF said:

Interesting concept

Oh damn. I misread it

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Interesting concept

Been done at the last 1 or 2 editions of this event. 

• 1 month later...

DATE CHANGES ....

Noting the pending weather for Sunday, they moved the Sunday races to SATURDAY .....

with a couple of decent days this week, we can just hope for decent trail conditions .... or is this wishful thinking ?

Any guesses as to the trail conditions ??

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

DATE CHANGES ....

Noting the pending weather for Sunday, they moved the Sunday races to SATURDAY .....

with a couple of decent days this week, we can just hope for decent trail conditions .... or is this wishful thinking ?

I was thinking the same thing. I guess it will be a pick-your-compromise situation: either deal with okay weather and muddy trails, or bad weather and muddy trails.

On a loop yesterday on the Bottelary trails, they were alright in some sections. We'll have to wait and see if the weather over the next few days improves or worsens the current trail conditions.

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

DATE CHANGES ....

call me a grumpy old man but my biggest annoyance to this is sharing a trail with the kids and family riders.....Banhoek trailseekers all over again😒

I think hosting events over September should be question in future. Events in September should rather be moved to November and December

11 minutes ago, Yyyy said:

call me a grumpy old man but my biggest annoyance to this is sharing a trail with the kids and family riders.....Banhoek trailseekers all over again😒

👆 I'm sure if I called my girlfriend a grumpy old man, the situation wouldn't play out too well for me 😅. But my girlfriend said the same thing, which is why she isn't riding it.

2 hours ago, Yyyy said:

I think hosting events over September should be question in future. Events in September should rather be moved to November and December

When my Wife moved permanently down to the Cape 13 - 15 odd years ago, she would look out the window - expectantly - on the FIRST of SEPTMEMBER and - thinking JHB-style - proclaim SPRING was a-b-o-u-t to ... spring...

I would then patiently explain that:

1. theoretically, Spring is 21st September, and NOT the 01st September...

2. then,  I would explain THEORETICALLY and the CAPE weather do not know one-another...

3, then, I would explain buy the 01st November, she was GUARANTEED better weather, even Spring-like weather...

4. I would finish by telling her - factually - that our AUTUMN lasts longer than Jozi...so there IS that... ;)

She now advises any/all newcomers to the Province, that Spring WILL have sprung by November 01!!!

Chris