Cradle Moon Yellow Route

LukeLan

Went for a loop on the yellow trail at Cradle Moon yesterday & see there have been a few changes...does anyone know why all the rocks on the trail have either been removed or covered with soil? To smooth now!! 

Not a fan of the new guys looking after those trails, they have made some really odd decisions. Like sweeping all the little pebbles from the trail into the bottom of the berms on Super Tube. its a recipe for disaster. 

Quite sad, we have been riding there for over a decade now. Shocking to say, id rather ride at Northern Farms. Lol

1 hour ago, PregoRoll said:

Not a fan of the new guys looking after those trails, they have made some really odd decisions. Like sweeping all the little pebbles from the trail into the bottom of the berms on Super Tube. its a recipe for disaster. 

Quite sad, we have been riding there for over a decade now. Shocking to say, id rather ride at Northern Farms. Lol

Money, everything else is secondary, including safety it seems. Things like mixing MTB and foot traffic on the same trail in section that can have dangerous consequences. Ie the return descent from red route to the waterfall. 

Was raised previously with a promise to sort some out and nothing happened. Not sure if it’s still the case. 
At the end of the day, it’s their property and their prerogative on where to focus. Unfortunate because the riding has good potential alongside the running/walking trails.

15 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

Money, everything else is secondary, including safety it seems. Things like mixing MTB and foot traffic on the same trail in section that can have dangerous consequences. Ie the return descent from red route to the waterfall. 

Was raised previously with a promise to sort some out and nothing happened. Not sure if it’s still the case. 
At the end of the day, it’s their property and their prerogative on where to focus. Unfortunate because the riding has good potential alongside the running/walking trails.

Im all for people getting out in the fresh air, stoked to see how busy they became after rona, with hundreds of people rocking up to hike/walk now.

But as you say, putting everyone on the same route, especially when you go past the dam on the way out to yellow is just dangerous. Doesnt quite make sense. 

But hey, they must be making enough money from the hikers to not even notice the declining numbers of cyclists there. 

More business for the likes of Asidlale who arent scared to offer challenging riding. 

2 minutes ago, PregoRoll said:

Im all for people getting out in the fresh air, stoked to see how busy they became after rona, with hundreds of people rocking up to hike/walk now.

But as you say, putting everyone on the same route, especially when you go past the dam on the way out to yellow is just dangerous. Doesnt quite make sense. 

But hey, they must be making enough money from the hikers to not even notice the declining numbers of cyclists there. 

More business for the likes of Asidlale who arent scared to offer challenging riding. 

What is incredible to see is the volume and diversity of hikers at other places as well. A few of the hiking venues in and around GP are packed most saturday mornings, even through winter. I know of one other place that used to be mtb mainly and now the hikers out number the mtb easily