Joules 2.0 (broken) with Cycleops Pro300

DannyP

Hi all

I have a CycleOps Pro300 indoor cycle with manual resistance and ANT (not ANT+ so cannot be picked up by any Bluetooth device) PowerTap hub. The ANT "speaking" Joules 2.0 computer that came with the bike has broken and, from what I have been told by Powertap, there is nothing that can be done to fix it. What's more, there aren't any other cycling computers that use ANT (old technology) so I am now stuck with a brilliant stationary trainer but no way to receive feedback while training.  

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can read the data from the ANT PowerTap hub without having to subscribe to an online platform (apparently an old version of Trainer Road with an ANT+ stick might work)?  Ideally I would like to try get the Joules 2.0 fixed but  any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried to contact Selfloops in Italy? They were granted a licence from CycleOps to be able to read the IC300 and the proprietary ANT connection. This would be via an app they developed compatible with select Android tablets 

Just now, BicyclePower said:

Have you tried to contact Selfloops in Italy? They were granted a licence from CycleOps to be able to read the IC300 and the proprietary ANT connection. This would be via an app they developed compatible with select Android tablets 

Nope the IC300 is not ANT+, it is ANT a proprietary version of ANT+ which most softwares stopped supporting some 2-3 years back. 

You can also try finding yourself a PowerTap Joule GPS bicycle computer, these were manufactured by the same company who made the IC so would have the ability to read the proprietary ANT connection. 

Finally, you can try the legacy version of TrainerRoad on a PC, they - to my understanding, have the ability to read the IC300