Support Small Businesses(Local Is Lekker)

Brun01

Howzit fellow hubbers! I made this thread to support some small shops in SA, recently bought some silicone grips from Le Crue based in gauteng and had a real nice buying experience. Today on my ride with my new grips it had me thinking about what terrible service ive had over my time cycling from big corporations (we wont name and shame now will we) and it crossed my mind how many small shops have to try real hard to compete with the big guns they are constantly overshadowed by. My service at le crue was swift and neat all the way and affordable as well. Also had me thinking about a time i ordered a part from CapeGro Sports and had made a mistake in my ordering process, they were also swift and friendly when helping me change my order.So i present this thread to support all small shops that have given you great service ,share your stories and boast with your purchase because we all know local is lekker. 

I Bought a GT Zaskar back in 2016 from Josh. He also gave me brake pads free of charge for my bike i had back then. Loved that GT was my first nicely specd bike! 

14 minutes ago, Brun01 said:

I Bought a GT Zaskar back in 2016 from Josh. He also gave me brake pads free of charge for my bike i had back then. Loved that GT was my first nicely specd bike! 

I had been taken for a p*** at another LBS and Josh laughed away my problem and he and Mpho got me back on the trails so quick it was unbelievable. Drop in if you need anything. 

Official fan. 

Ps. Can we say p*** on the hub? 

Did I Just Say That GIFs | Tenor

• 1 month later...

Sadly had the opposite experience with CapeGro. As the FSA agents in SA, I ordered a part - on Marc's recommendation - which ended up being the wrong one. Zero accountability for his incorrect advice or any action to resolve.  I gave up following up with him and take it as school fees. 

Small shops in my area - definitely Spot On Bikes in Sunninghill. Warren is great and is work ethic is fantastic. Can always rely on him good service and good advice. 

• 2 weeks later...

I must give a shout-out to Mike from Bicycle Supply Chain in Kyalami - such a superb mechanic and always goes to great lengths to get everything just right.

Another worthy mention is Albert from Vincent Bikes (here in the Garden Route) in Sedgefield.