Power Saddle Recover

Lynskey

I have a spez power saddle 155. I want to throw new leather on it. Anyone done it? Advice, tips or videos would be so appreciated. I want to do it and not fail here. Please send and comment anything you have. Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Lynskey said:

I have a spez power saddle 155. I want to throw new leather on it. Anyone done it? Advice, tips or videos would be so appreciated. I want to do it and not fail here. Please send and comment anything you have. Thanks.

I know leather saddles can be repaired or refurbished rather. There is a risk to having non-leather saddles repaired, comes down to the risk of the saddle rails popping out. https://m.pinkbike.com/news/why-is-it-so-hard-to-reinstall-saddle-rails.html

haven’t heard of anyone locally doing it. Few options available in Europe, if you would like to go that route? 

Edited by Dappere

Lynskey, a ‘technical’ recoverer of high-end vehicles, and some complicated motorbike seat recovering, is Dinesh Chetty, well-known/trusted in the industry, and he is in Goodwood, Cape Town, shoot me a PM, and I will share his contact details, I feel he could assist.

He has quite a LARGE team of technicians, many schooled in different ‘dark arts’ of recovering! We use him for motorbike saddles past 6 years or so, does good work.

Cheers, Chris

Thanks guys. So I am currently in Knysna and I have an amazing lady who does leather work who just needs a bitnof guidance. Will follow up on the above. If you see any other videos or options please please post here. Again thanks.

4 hours ago, Lynskey said:

i'm in the same boat, figure it can't be too hard. just need to know what glue to use i'm sure.

or follow this guy

then there is this outfit, not sure if still active

https://www.facebook.com/velobrien/

Edited by Shebeen

The lady I have will do the job. She is top notch. We both just wondering how the saddle pulls apart. Time to get out the hammer. Thanks all. I see they did a power saddle. So that helps a lot. Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Prince Albert Cycles said:

Velobrien did an amazing job on an old Rolls saddle of mine.

The only issue is that the power saddle has like a plastic brace which if broken when we pull it apart will render the saddle useless. Then I will be up *** Street 🙈😅

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2023 at 9:43 PM, Shebeen said:

i'm in the same boat, figure it can't be too hard. just need to know what glue to use i'm sure.

or follow this guy

then there is this outfit, not sure if still active

https://www.facebook.com/velobrien/

I know this topic is a few months old but have just recovered a saddle for a retro bike build project, wanted the saddle to match the tan bartape. I used this guy's YouTube tutorial as a guideline. Thought about using leather but in the end decided on fake leather/faux leather. Just finished recovering it took me almost 3 days, it's plain brown with no fancy decorative elements but I'm very happy with the result. Was a hell of a mission. Am I glad I attempted it? Yes would I do it again? Probably not🤣

I used contact adhesive for the top and a combination of staples and alcolin woodglue for the edges under the saddle.

IMG_20231015_092734.jpg

IMG_20231015_105340.jpg

IMG_20231015_121630.jpg

IMG_20231015_145058.jpg

Wow good work. The lady is still doing mine. No rush there. I am going back to Knysna in a few weeks so will see process. She does amazing work. Yours looks fantastic. Nice job.