Urgently looking for thru axle. Cape st Francis

Shebeen

Hello, team here for adventure race world champs.

Bike arrived by plane,thru axles still at home in Paarl.

Bike is Scott contessa 29. Boost, (not UDL)

Race starts Thursday AM, but ideally need to find replacement tomorrow. Trying courier from Paarl. 

Any suggestions, Coimbra cycles are here but have already gone through all their stock!

Not sure if you were referring Coimbra in PE or if there is one in Cape St Francis too. 

Perhaps you could contact some bike shops in PE. It's about 40mins drive from where you are. 

42 minutes ago, Eugene said:

Not sure if you were referring Coimbra in PE or if there is one in Cape St Francis too. 

Perhaps you could contact some bike shops in PE. It's about 40mins drive from where you are. 

The guys are balls deep in getting ready for the start of Adventure racing world champs. There is a lot of preamble. 

I think they were hoping someone in the area might be able to help with a loaner set or a buy them from me set so they can get their bike boxes handed in on time without any of the team missing any briefings or presentations pre race.

I'm sure one of them will drive through to PE today and buy a set. If they have to hand the bike boxes in this morning then they will need to trek the first leg with them in their pack, which is also probably no big deal

Pre race for a massive 800km non stop World Champs is stressful, I'm sure the team will have calmed down to a mild panic and made a plan by now!

19 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

The guys are balls deep in getting ready for the start of Adventure racing world champs. There is a lot of preamble. 

I think they were hoping someone in the area might be able to help with a loaner set or a buy them from me set so they can get their bike boxes handed in on time without any of the team missing any briefings or presentations pre race.

I'm sure one of them will drive through to PE today and buy a set. If they have to hand the bike boxes in this morning then they will need to trek the first leg with them in their pack, which is also probably no big deal

Pre race for a massive 800km non stop World Champs is stressful, I'm sure the team will have calmed down to a mild panic and made a plan by now!

100% correct.

Plan was to have multiple plans, something like a thru axle is not really going to getting damaged so worth asking around just in case.

Coimbra did source a new set, cost R3000 but what can one do if that's the only option?!

Luckily the courier guy under promised and over delivered, parcel is at jbay depot getting picked up.

You can all follow us here expafrica.live from tomorrow. Should be wild