Sram xx1 VS Sram GX AXS

Cycling 4020

Hi everyone. Hope you are well. I was wondering if I could get some of your opinions. I currently have a Sram XX1 gold edition groupset on my bike.

Is it worth it to upgrade to Sram GX AXS? Will I get a good second hand deal if I trade my derailleur and shiter for a GX? When I resell the bike would it be easier to sell it with a XX1 or GX AXS? Regards Edrich. 

2 minutes ago, Cycling 4020 said:

Hi everyone. Hope you are well. I was wondering if I could get some of your opinions. I currently have a Sram XX1 gold edition groupset on my bike.

Is it worth it to upgrade to Sram GX AXS? Will I get a good second hand deal if I trade my derailleur and shiter for a GX? When I resell the bike would it be easier to sell it with a XX1 or GX AXS? Regards Edrich. 

GX Axs will be heavier compared to the mechanical equivalent.  I would personally stay with the regular xx1. No batteries to worry about. 

Brand new the gx axs kits sell for about 10k-12k, not sure about second hand price

10 minutes ago, AkwA said:

Went axs a while back and can’t use anything else now, including xx1

XT isn’t too far off, but axs is just so nice

Is there any gears skipping when you shift or is all smooth?

7 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Which GX AXS are you looking at, first gen or the new Transmission stuff?

First gen... new transmission is a bit out of budget😬😬

1 hour ago, Cycling 4020 said:

First gen... new transmission is a bit out of budget😬😬

Hear that! ... XX1 is a gold standard on it's own, proven. 
Depends on what you're after as well though. 
XX1 gold- Light, reliable, fast shifting and butter smooth. Being mechanical it is susceptible to worn cable housings and impact damage.  
GX AXS- Heavy, near bomb-proof, slower shifting but consistently smooth and effortless. Not susceptible to cable wear and the only weakness is your hangar really, but even then it will auto-adjust to a bent hangar. 

Most people I know stick with GX AXS once they've changed, the shifting does take some getting used to and the weight penalty doesn't really count given the benefits, shifting and shifter use are way less effort.
For peace of mind, get spare battery/s.

I'm still on good ol GX mechanical 

But with the XX1 trigger , shifter makes such a big difference 

If money was no object I'd probably be on mechanical XX1 , the electronic stuff just doesn't appeal to me anymore ( it did in the beginning ) 

13 hours ago, Cycling 4020 said:

I'm riding GX AXS for a while now and love it, wont go back to mechanical.  Shifting is very good with no skipping.  It would be nice though if the individual gears could be fine tuned like you can do with Archers D1x Trail.  But if you set it up properly, shifting is perfect every time.

I did reduce the weight on mine by fitting a Garbaruk cage, now equivalent to a XX1 AXS.

https://www.garbaruk.com/sram-12-speed-axs-rd-cage.html?category=14

Edited by TheoG

GX AXS all the way...

I have not adjusted my gears once in over 18 months and it hasn't missed a beat. My derailleur took a direct hit from a BMW GS 1200 and still shifted perfectly for the rest of the ride(200km) and I didn't even need to change the hanger/dropout.

In a world of 1x drivetrains you have access to data to see how much time your were in which gear and workout the perfect size chainring to run for that area and your fitness. 

GX AXS, with the Csixx cage upgrade, puts you within a few grams of XX1 AXS. Super reliable shifting with no issues. For the best shifting, run a shimano 12 speed cassette and chain. 

11 minutes ago, Donovan Le Cok said:

I have just gone from an older mechanical XX1 to the new AXS GX and it has been phenomenal. Before the bike arrived I though I would upgrade straightaway but I am going to keep the GX. 

When you say "new AXS GX" do you mean Transmission?