Shimano XT front brakes

WaynejG

My front brakes are leaking fluid. Is this serviceable and if yes, I assume service kits are available?

so to be more specific is it the lever leaking though the blead port or the calliper leaking or is the lever cracked and it is leaking from there?

9 minutes ago, Kyle_Hanger said:

so to be more specific is it the lever leaking though the blead port or the calliper leaking or is the lever cracked and it is leaking from there?

Leaking at the calipers 

If it's leaking from the pistons, new caliper. Any Shimano caliper will do, as long as it's got the same hose fitting as the current one.

Either that or you'll need to scrounge a spare piston (and possibly a seal) from a friendly LBS that has one in their spares bin, or take your chances with an AliExpress rebuild kit.

20 minutes ago, WaynejG said:

Leaking at the calipers 

remove the pads , fit a bleed block 

then carefully look at the caliper while applying [pressure on the lever 

If oil squirts out around one of the two white ceramic pistons then just get a new caliper , the spares are hard to find and the ballache might not be worth it 

Also just check the bleed screw if its properly tight ( tight , not stripped ) 

16 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

remove the pads , fit a bleed block 

then carefully look at the caliper while applying [pressure on the lever 

If oil squirts out around one of the two white ceramic pistons then just get a new caliper , the spares are hard to find and the ballache might not be worth it 

Also just check the bleed screw if its properly tight ( tight , not stripped ) 

Mechanic warned me awhile back that the pads were wet. Brake lever goes to the bars and zero brakes.

23 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

the spares are hard to find and the ballache might not be worth it 

Couldn't have said it better myself. Calipers are cheap if you can find a Deore or SLX. But it's holiday time and some folk have more time than spare cash. And others (like me) prefer to fix a thing than throw it away.

The upside of buying a new caliper is that there's a spare piston and seal in the old one if it happens again, or if a mate has the same issue.

Edited by droo

6 minutes ago, WaynejG said:

Mechanic warned me awhile back that the pads were wet. Brake lever goes to the bars and zero brakes.

new caliper and you'll be all good