What hydration pack do you use?

Mamil

I used to use my USWE backpack from my dirtbike days when I started cycling, they are are comfy and dont move around, but got a Camelbak Repack, the waist pack, it was a game changer, 1.5l bladder is big enough for every ride I have done, it is also comfortable, you dont really notice it after a couple minutes riding, but the biggest advantage for me, is your back can breathe, I get super hot when riding, and not having a backpack on keeps you MUCH cooler

I have a USWE Outlander 3 and Salomon ADV SKIN 12 from running.

The USWE is great for the shorter riders where I need to carry minimal spares as the pack can't hold too much.

For longer rides where I need to carry a bit more I prefer my Salomon vest. I also find it more comfy than the USWE as well as being more practical.

I use an orange 2003 Camelbak Mule that just wont die. I think I replaced the bladder once #Milton. For shorter rides, I prefer my hip pack, a Camelbak Repack. 

5 hours ago, Jacques Joubert WC said:

Has anyone tried the Marvel version of the Uswe-type backbacks?

https://www.cyclelab.com/product/4004473-hydrpod-marvel-asset-hydration-pack-2l

At R799 the price is appealing. I tried it on in store an it seemed quite nice. Less ventilation on straps and back than Uswe perhaps, but the way it fastens and adjusts seems the same

I tried a similar approach with the backpack from Lizzard ( https://lizzardonline.com/collections/enduro-bags/products/trek-backpack ) wasted my cash

My Mule was stolen several years ago and i replaced it with a Dakine Drafter (on sale at R500)  which has withstood numerous crashes and a bladder repair. I'd rate it as better than a Mule and as well made if not better. Sadly, not available in SA anymore it seems.