Cradle MTB Loop Condition

love2fly

If you ride the Cradle MTB off road loop, please share your thoughts on the condition regarding trail condition and surface and vegetation, especially how it compares over the last few years.

I'll keep my comments for later on so as not to set the scene in any way.

I have for many years been in touch with, previously the guy who constructed the trail at the outset and maintained it and now the new people responsible.

Thank you in advance.

It does need some work, certain sections at lionpark washed away and just needs a weedeater to open parts overgrown.

Not sure who the people and company doing this is but have not seen much done last past months , and with no money for almost anything not sure how it can be handled.

Edited by Lewr

It's very simple - the riders that use it should spend some spare time there and get stuck in to maintain/ repair it. If everyone does 20m of it it should be in a good condition pretty quickly!

Needs maintainance. Once my skid steer is fixed I'll ask to be put in touch with the people doing the repairs so we can do something. 

6 hours ago, PlemPlem said:

It's very simple - the riders that use it should spend some spare time there and get stuck in to maintain/ repair it. If everyone does 20m of it it should be in a good condition pretty quickly!

Volunteer build days are great, with at least one person who can guide the work. Simple repairs have ruined many a trail.
Keeping in mind this is an open access trail subsidised by taxes, there is a maintenance tender issued every year or so. Afaik.

Edited by Danger Dassie