Is this rideable? Beaverlac > Citrusdal?

lechatnoir

As it says above? Can I stay at Beaverlac and ride to Citrusdal? Strava routing indicates it's possible, but I've been thwarted before. 

I thought I'd check before coming unstuck

12 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

As it says above? Can I stay at Beaverlac and ride to Citrusdal? Strava routing indicates it's possible, but I've been thwarted before. 

Maybe share the route you want to take....

Are you planning to go through the mountains or standard roads?

Yes, just be careful of snakes basking on the road in summer. Last time I used that road I was on my KTM690 and came across 3 of them.

19 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Maybe share the route you want to take....

Are you planning to go through the mountains or standard roads?

I was thinking of this... I realise a long thin loop might not be possible, just and out and back.

image.png.7ca816e63d257fd945258b3454977811.png

13 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Yes, just be careful of snakes basking on the road in summer. Last time I used that road I was on my KTM690 and came across 3 of them.

noted on the snekkie-snek-snek

2 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

I was thinking of this... I realise a long thin loop might not be possible, just and out and back.

image.png.7ca816e63d257fd945258b3454977811.png

wow, did not even know you can go down that side from Beaverlac! I have done the rest of your loop without issues (from The Baths). The only bit where it was a bit tricky was at the bottom section (a bit after Baths where you turn left to meet up with the route you started on), it goes over private land and I took a few wrong turns (didn't have the benefit of GPS at the time) but still managed to cross without any major issues.

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2024 at 3:15 PM, lechatnoir said:

Did you manage to ride this? Please send Strava activity if so.

1 minute ago, KK said:

Did you manage to ride this? Please send Strava activity if so.

Not yet. I'm waiting for a gap in work and studies to take the gap. I'll be sure to report back.