Tranquilitas - GPX files

Charity85

Good day Hubbers

We are going for SANI2C training weekend, looking for leke routes (gpx files if you have) for us to take on. Nothing to technical please looking to do alot of elevation.

Thanks

when you say Tranquilitas are you loking for the routes around the gorge in Waterval Boven? Or is the name not related to the request? You should find on Strava or Komoot. If at Tranquilitas not sure if those trails still exist...

On 2/26/2024 at 8:47 AM, Paul Ruinaard said:

when you say Tranquilitas are you loking for the routes around the gorge in Waterval Boven? Or is the name not related to the request? You should find on Strava or Komoot. If at Tranquilitas not sure if those trails still exist...

Anything at Tranquilitas self or the surrounds, from their website it looks like they have 6-7 trails of which we can take on 3-4. So anything in the area even district gravel road options would be nice?

Hmm - go down the trails that run against the gorge which end in Waterval Boven - some of them start at Tranquilitas or used to - If you want to then ride up to the top again on the road out the back of the town to Slaaihoek. Do that a couple of times and you will have some proper training. the trails used to be pretty cool. I havent been there for years but used to go every 6 weeks - some of the locals in Waterval Boven had built the trails. BUt get updated infomration. Climb from town to the top was about 6 km with some proper gradient on it so good for some hard work. 

I haven't been to tranquilitas in 2 years, but the trails were mint there last time. Lovely flowing sections, tough technical climbs and a lovely ridgeline section round to the dirt road.

We usually go there to rock climb, but I think they are more catering to the mtb scene nowadays. 

Still arguably one of the best rock climbing spots in SA...