Cyclosport in Kuilsrivier - Anyone knows whats up?

Any Kuilsrivier hubbers on here that might know whats going on at the Cyclosport bicycle shop?

Have been trying to contact the shop for more than a week now, shop locked up when I visited, phone is not being answered. Website looks like its down and social media not being updated...

27 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Sadly it sounds like they've gone bang due to the tough economic times

Very sad to hear. I have been going there for more than a decade.

Now I just need to find a way to get my bike back that was there for a service.....

Yes, very sad indeed. Good luck getting your bike back, I believe the shop might have been locked up by the sheriff of the court. There's a few suppliers nervous as well.

Just now, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Yes, very sad indeed. Good luck getting your bike back, I believe the shop might have been locked up by the sheriff of the court. There's a few suppliers nervous as well.

Luckily its my spare 12 year old enty level road bike (which ironically I bought there) so no hurry really - but lack of communication makes sense if it was the sheriff that locked the doors. Lets see...

7 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

spitballing, but surely a bike in for service does not belong to the lbs. You'd just need to prove it with a service booking to the sheriff which might not be so quick.

4 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

spitballing, but surely a bike in for service does not belong to the lbs. You'd just need to prove it with a service booking to the sheriff which might not be so quick.

First problem is actually to just to get hold of someone to communicate with regarding the issue

4 hours ago, Shebeen said:

You clearly haven’t tasted the Sheriffs…. 😂😂😂 It will take a while to have goods released. It’s a whole mission. I got the t-shirt dude. 

4 hours ago, Skubarra said:

First problem is actually to just to get hold of someone to communicate with regarding the issue

Lookout for a posted notice on the front door! There will be a contact person who is handling the affairs on behalf of. So just keep your eyes open. I wish you the best, it’s tough times we life in. That’s why we should enjoy our bikes and support your LBS! 

43 minutes ago, chrisk61 said:

Any good alternative places to service a bike nearby. 

Mark's Bike Workshop.

Sad to hear about Cyclosport.  I have bought a few bikes there. 

35 minutes ago, betaboy said:

Lookout for a posted notice on the front door! There will be a contact person who is handling the affairs on behalf of. So just keep your eyes open. I wish you the best, it’s tough times we life in. That’s why we should enjoy our bikes and support your LBS! 

I managed to get hold of the owner. All sorted out 👍

Sadly they are closing, a proper mom & pop shop that took personal interest in their customers. Will miss them a lot!

12 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

I managed to get hold of the owner. All sorted out 👍

Sadly they are closing, a proper mom & pop shop that took personal interest in their customers. Will miss them a lot!

VERY sad to hear this.

10 hours ago, ChrisF said:

VERY sad to hear this.

Very sad indeed, they sponsored me and Pierre Smit in '86 when I was riding juniors.  I was very proud of the multicoloured Cyclosport jersey.  The shop has been in the family since!!