Kmc 11 speed chain

Howzit lads.. please see photograph of newly purchased and installed 11 speed kmc chain.. the slack on the small chain ring is causing the chain to actually sit loose on the chain stay.. this can’t be right and is it a case of removing links.? On The large chain ring it seems to be fine.. last photos to show where the chain is sitting on the cassette.. 🤙🏻 should I go past the bike shop.?

IMG_2360.jpeg

IMG_2361.jpeg

IMG_2362.jpeg

measure the length against the chain you took off.

I'll wait for the experts to chime in, but based purely on the first pic, I'd say the chain is to long.

B.T.W. I'm sitting at just over 11 000km on my KMC 11spd chain and its still not showing signs of wear according to my chain checker tool.

53 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

measure the length against the chain you took off.

I'll wait for the experts to chime in, but based purely on the first pic, I'd say the chain is to long.

B.T.W. I'm sitting at just over 11 000km on my KMC 11spd chain and its still not showing signs of wear according to my chain checker tool.

Definetly too long but didn’t want to start taking out links and then the large chainring is too tight🤷🏼‍♂️.. maybe I’m pulling a noob move here and it’s a simple fix..😉🤘🏻

my previous chain was kmc and it wasn’t worn out(check my chain on the reg with that tool) but I felt its done well and wanted a new fresh one..🤣🤣

52 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

Yip, Too long, Google Park tool's Video on how to size a chain.

Thanks bud.. I’m going for a little cycle ina bit past broadacres so will pop in to mellow velo and ask them to tune it quick.. bought from them so shouldn’t be an issue or cost much if anything.. I’ll watch that video as well just for reference.. 

thanks chaps.!😃

9 minutes ago, Super Sywurm said:

Shoot!  I wanted to be the expert for once and give the correct advice about the chain being to long, but I'm to late now.

Snap