Marzocchi Bomber Z2 vs RS Reba

PjT

Hi all.

Which of these would you rate/recommend on a Merida 120 (2022/2023 model)?

Currently looking at two available bikes where the specs are the same, except the forks differ.

I ride winelands south trails, helderberg, Stellies area....weekend warrior that will go and plan to explore the odd other trails in the coming year (i. Banhoek, Tokai etc). 

Currently riding Silverback Slade Trail with Fox 34 140mm up front.

Let me hear your thoughts....??

Z2 will beat a Reba with a stick. Basically a Fox 34 with a different damper. Reasonably easy to service too, and a 34 damper will fit if you ever feel the urge to upgrade the stock one.

The equivalent in Rockshox's range would be a Revelation 35, and the damper on those (and the reba) is agricultural at best. The Marzocchi one is a similar architecture, but has a shimmed compression valve rather than a port orifice valve which makes it effective at a much wider range of shaft speeds.

Thanks all.

Z2 was my fist option, and now confirmed.

I came to realize the model with the reba 100mm is the RC (race) version, leaning more towards XC, and the other more trail.

Cheers