Garmin Fenix 6 battery replacement

My fenix 6 battery has all of a sudden started losing charge very quickly. I've even put it in battery saver mode and not recorded any activities and it's only last about 2 days compared to the week it used to.  It's only about 3 years old, sure that can't be the lifespan of the watch? 

1) had anyone done a warrenty claim from Garmin for the battery? 

2) does anyone know where in cape Town I could have the battery replaced? I see Garmin doesn't do it but it is possible 

3) anyone know any remedies for this 

TIA

Hi herrowpreeze

Have exactly the same watch, also probably around 3 years old now.

Experienced the same thing these last couple of days with battery life.

Coincidence?

haha, snap mine as done the same.

i did have an activity running for 10 hours the other day

will charge now and see for the next couple of days

37 minutes ago, ReeceHughes said:

Hi herrowpreeze

Have exactly the same watch, also probably around 3 years old now.

Experienced the same thing these last couple of days with battery life.

Coincidence?

Hahahaha, garmin pulling an apple?

So I contacted Garmin and they said I must send it in and then repair it or offer me a new device at a discounted price, which is absolute bollocks considering what it cost and the age

I did a restore of the watch this morning and the battery seems to be holding charge a lot better, so I will monitor through out the day

23 minutes ago, Meezo said:

haha, snap mine as done the same.

i did have an activity running for 10 hours the other day

will charge now and see for the next couple of days

But it is super interesting that you all seem to be having the same issue at the same period

i dont recall there being an update to the watch software.

other than the updates to garmin connect itself...

do you guys recall anything?

3 minutes ago, Meezo said:

i dont recall there being an update to the watch software.

other than the updates to garmin connect itself...

do you guys recall anything?

No, i checked and im on the latest 

Mine as well. was also wondering about battery replacement rather than a new watch or credit. the watch works wonderfully and is more than what i need. Maybe run it under battery saver until needed. Thats my plan.

So the last update was the beginning of march when all my trouble started, great! and there is no way to roll it back

So what I did when I noticed my battery wasnt lasting long was to disable a couple of features, like sensors you know you not going to use anytime soon, disable bluetooth & wifi, pulse oximeter, etc. 

fyi Garmin will happily take that 6 and give you a 7 for an extra R5k

Old Garmin trick .I am on my  Fenix 7x .My 5x works perfectly except for the battery .My son in law wears it and it is 7 years old .The 5x has a Sapphire watch face and still in excellent condition .Garmin solution is discount on a new 20k 7x .Cost of the 5x was 5k . Garmin has no interest in changing batteries .Will not buy again .Huawei makes a decent watch at 25% of garmin cost 

21 hours ago, milky4130 said:

So what I did when I noticed my battery wasnt lasting long was to disable a couple of features, like sensors you know you not going to use anytime soon, disable bluetooth & wifi, pulse oximeter, etc. 

fyi Garmin will happily take that 6 and give you a 7 for an extra R5k

eina! but then considering what the fenix 7 costs.

feedback i charged my watch 100% yesterday... had an activity time of 4:48:48 its currently on 71%. Seems a bit much than what i can remember, will monitor and see i could normally get just over week on 1 charge with no activities.

32 minutes ago, Meezo said:

eina! but then considering what the fenix 7 costs.

feedback i charged my watch 100% yesterday... had an activity time of 4:48:48 its currently on 71%. Seems a bit much than what i can remember, will monitor and see i could normally get just over week on 1 charge with no activities.

Ye that seems better than mine. I charged mine to 100% at 12 yesterday and put in in battery-saving mode. did one activity of 45 minutes and now 8 45 the following day it on 19%

Garmin support said I must send them the unit and they will assess it, which ill do next week and see what happens. Its f'ed up that the watch is only 3 years old and the battery is stuffed and the only option is to buy a new one. Ive seen people replace the battery by themselves but requires some soldering which I'm not confident at doing myself

My suunto which I have had for nearly 11 years works perfectly still so not sure why garmin is doing this

Jip, charged mine 100% yesterday. Without any activities, battery went down to 60%. What I don't understand is how the watch's battery can all of sudden just go from working perfectly to now doing this. Irritating!

Please keep us updated as to what Garmin has to say.

I have seen a few people complain about this happening to them when they did the version 26 update(a year ago) on the Garmin Fenix 6. Hopefully Garmin will sort you guys out as it sounds like a software update issue. 

Garmin has not stopped support for fenix 6 so it should be something that can be corrected. 

Also have similar issue on 6x Pro, with wifi also no longer working. How did you guys manage to contact Garmin? I tried their landline and email support but have not received a response after multiple follow-ups. Too bad I'm in CT so can't do a walk-in.