Quarter Turn: Bike Hub Q1 2024 Report

We’ve all heard the rumblings of a global crisis in the bike industry. Full warehouses. Company-wide layoffs. Cut-price sales. Business closures. We were curious to know how this is playing out on Bike Hub. Is it truly all doom and gloom? How are the community of buyers and sellers on Bike Hub being impacted? Will the economic crunch drive up demand for ‘cheaper’ second-hand goods, or will blowout sales and price cuts on new models see the second-hand market struggle? We dove down a data rabbit hole and clambered back out with some insights, and many more questions. Demand is […]

View full article

2 hours ago, News bot said:

We’ve all heard the rumblings of a global crisis in the bike industry. Full warehouses. Company-wide layoffs. Cut-price sales. Business closures. We were curious to know how this is playing out on Bike Hub. Is it truly all doom and gloom? How are the community of buyers and sellers on Bike Hub being impacted? Will the economic crunch drive up demand for ‘cheaper’ second-hand goods, or will blowout sales and price cuts on new models see the second-hand market struggle? We dove down a data rabbit hole and clambered back out with some insights, and many more questions. Demand is […]

View full article

Where are the stats for the Hard tail MTB

3 hours ago, Super Sywurm said:

Where are the stats for the Hard tail MTB

Added to the report. 

Hardtail demand appeared to bottom out in Q2 last year and is on the rise again:

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 20.02.23.png

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Added to the report. 

Hardtail demand appeared to bottom out in Q2 last year and is on the rise again:

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 20.02.23.png

Thanks.

DS is very spikey. wonder if the up down trend continues?

image.png.1ef26e3747459d037006319a04b7dde6.png

Edited by Shebeen
added piksha

3 hours ago, Shebeen said:

Well this is awkward. 

The data and labels on this graph were incorrectly assigned (serves me right for leaning on AI to do the grunt work of creating pretty JS versions of our ugly charts). 

The true picture is FAR less spiky:

image.png

5 hours ago, Shebeen said:

Normalised trend is downward, probably due to the expense of purchase and maintenance. A back to basics approach looming?

watch this space I guess

21 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Normalised trend is downward, probably due to the expense of purchase and maintenance. A back to basics approach looming?

watch this space I guess

See above, the spiky graph had errors - data points out of sort with the labels. No change to the trend but the spikes smooth out considerably into a downhill with some seasonal uptick each Q1.

6 hours ago, Shebeen said:

could be poorly set up suspension with a super fast rebound a little to no compression causing the erratic up and down :P

50 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

watch this space I guess

Recon you are onto something ... it will be interesting to see if fleets of bikes are simplified into one 
good bike that can do "everything" 

Wonder how organised events are looking RE attendance, and more fashionable consumables like the newest kit or bike farkles with respect to sales and if these may follow the same trends as per the above bikes