[Event] Canola Roller 2024 Greyton gravel grind

guidodg

Hi all, anyone with an entry for the 130km they are not going to use?  I've booked accommodation but somehow forgot to actually purchase a race ticket only to see it's all sold out!! If there are any tickets still available please let me know otherwise my riding partner is going to have a very lonely 130km in the saddle.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, guidodg said:

weather for Saturday looks good!!

Anyone kind enough to make one of those fancy pants weather maps and graphs for us?

11 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Anyone kind enough to make one of those fancy pants weather maps and graphs for us?

Wind seems to be in the better direction (long section and climb with tailwind, descend into the headwind)

IMG_6134.png

Edited by MongooseMan

I'm rather sad to hear the Forest has been removed from the 80km ride, I was rather looking forward to ending off the ride with that little loop, it adds a great fun element.

5 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

I'm rather sad to hear the Forest has been removed from the 80km ride, I was rather looking forward to ending off the ride with that little loop, it adds a great fun element.

Removed from all routes RE Guido's latest report.

It's so close to the finish, you can always cycle back after finishing your race. Cheer on riders coming in. Then take the single track back home. 🙂 

Personally not a big fan of "fun singletrack" in gravel races 😁

So you wont see me complaining about the forest section being taken out... 

22 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Yeah, we're there for the long weekend so we'll go ride most of the trails at some point during the weekend 🤙

Should organise a Monday coffee ride

Edit: Or Tuesday, since Greyton appears to shut down on a Monday 🤣

Edited by MongooseMan

17 hours ago, Nicholas Esterhuysen said:

Hi all, anyone with an entry for the 130km they are not going to use?  I've booked accommodation but somehow forgot to actually purchase a race ticket only to see it's all sold out!! If there are any tickets still available please let me know otherwise my riding partner is going to have a very lonely 130km in the saddle.

might have an entry for you if you still need. DM me your cell number.

36 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Removed from all routes RE Guido's latest report.

It's so close to the finish, you can always cycle back after finishing your race. Cheer on riders coming in. Then take the single track back home. 🙂 

absolutely...you can also enter the forest and ride it instead of the road...but it will add 5 minutes at least to your race time if that is something that matters to you...the forest has been swept and cleaned so it will be fun

46 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

blame @MongooseMan for giving me the heads-up😝...but it really could have been a potential logistical nightmare and pissed off the frontrunners [or maybe not]

3 minutes ago, guidodg said:

it didn't rain much yesterday and today it should dry up somewhat...but I really have no idea...but nothing like last year!

🤞image.png.70709611072c9abf94751a0537a4f6ec.png