What’s it worth: kid’s bike

RobynE

My kiddo is rapidly outgrowing her bike and I’d like to get an idea of what it’s worth (trade-in or private sale). 

2022 Titan Calypso Junior

Purple

26”

XS frame (24”)

DT Swiss X1800 rims and hubs

Maxxis Ardent - tubeless - still plenty of life 

Rockshox Sid WC air fork (prepared for remote lockout but no remote currently)

SRAM GX 1x10 with oval narrow-wide Snail chainring 32T

SRAM XO shifter 

XT crank and crank arms 

Avid Elixir brakes with Shimano discs - short stoppage for little hands - ridiculously good but smooth stoppage 

Fabric ergo grips but these will be changed to regular silicone grips 

With stock parts (boxed): fork, rims, shifter, BB, crank, chainring, derailleur, cassette - all 1x8 Microshift Mezzo

11.6kg with kickstand and lights, Stamp 1 alloy pedals fitted (pedals will come off)

A very quick and reliable little bike. NO chain drops, no issues whatsoever. Some scuffs on outward facing parts (mostly as parts are good quality second-hand) but nothing affecting functionality. 

Bad pic of dirty bike but I’m sick and best I can do right now 😂 

Photoroom_20240704_100308.jpeg

PS not expecting to get what I’ve paid for it but just looking for an idea of reasonable asking price if I list it. 

I donno, maybe 5-6k?  I bought my boy's titan 24" for 3.5k.  but your bike has much better components.

Maybe, check out similar specced bikes on the hub what its priced at.

2 hours ago, Maniax said:

I donno, maybe 5-6k?  I bought my boy's titan 24" for 3.5k.  but your bike has much better components.

Maybe, check out similar specced bikes on the hub what its priced at.

Looks like a good price, you might get more from someone who has gone cheap before. Decent upgrades on that. 

Thanks gents. 

It’s tough to price as I really haven’t found others like it. If you’re a parent you know. On paper it just seems like a 26” but to a kid (and a parent riding with a kid lol) the upgrades turn it into a whole other creature. The kid morphs, too 😂 I won’t lie the upgrades were more for me than for her initially as it made our rides a LOT more bearable as a parent - the added perk being her confidence positively SHOT up. 

I asked someone for a trade-in value towards a bike they’re selling and they said R3,500 - which made my face go like this 🫤 Which got me thinking, maybe I should ask other folks who are parents and cyclists at the same time. 

I don’t expect what I spent on it but R3,500 just doesn’t seem right in my eyes. If it was still stock then sure.