A bit of Disc vs Rim brake advice

11 minutes ago, SSCC said:

Do you know the max tyre clearance on the Supersix rim brake frame? 

700c x 28 mm (measured)

Could try and push to 30c, the brake caliper is the limiting factor. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Current bars reach is like 110mm or 120mm, difficult to measure accurately 

That’s huge! The reach of the bar is typically 70mm for short to 80 mm for medium and 90mm for long reach 

tape a long straight rod along the bars tops along the centreline. Then measure from the centre of the drop at its furthest from the top section. That should fall within the 70 -90mm range 👍🏼

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

That’s huge! The reach of the bar is typically 70mm for short to 80 mm for medium and 90mm for long reach 

tape a long straight rod along the bars tops along the centreline. Then measure from the centre of the drop at its furthest from the top section. That should fall within the 70 -90mm range 👍🏼

I did check how to measure them, and they are somewhere between 110-120mm 

Before shortening the stem or finding an inline seat post, try get a Deda RHM Zero bar. They are cheap. Remember deda measure outside to outside, so their 40cm is a 38cm bar. 

Super short reach, shallow drop, great shape, a 38cm is fine for most men, that Raleigh probably has a super wide bar, as well as a long reach and general shape. 

If it's still an issue, then a slightly shorter stem, but wouldn't really go shorter than 90 on a road bike if you can avoid it