Review: Trek Madone Gen 8

News bot

On 8/12/2024 at 1:33 PM, The Ouzo said:

I wouldnt be paying 60k+ for a bike "just for transport"

Actually, thinking about it, @ 60k I'd want my bike to atleast look like I spent 60k on it, so more aero looking wheels and bars would be better.

it IS one sexy looking bike though. Except in that white marble colour, there is a guy in our morning group rides that has one in that colour, it just looks dirty to me, like a mechie left their greasy fingerprints all over it.

Lol for the greasy fingerprints 💯 

That is one fine piece of equipment though 🤌🏼, a mate always told me to check my BMI first before I head into the sub 8kg zone on a road bike 🤣🤣 Less croissants and more wattzzzz 

My old R5 000.00 Raleigh with carbon seat stays weighs under 9kg. Electronic shifting and carbon really has enabled manufacturers to price gouge even better. The R65k bike looks cheap compared to the R270k version but is still cr@p value all in. What a time to be alive.

14 minutes ago, Headshot said:

My old R5 000.00 Raleigh with carbon seat stays weighs under 9kg. Electronic shifting and carbon really has enabled manufacturers to price gouge even better. The R65k bike looks cheap compared to the R270k version but is still cr@p value all in. What a time to be alive.

My steel Ti Raleigh in Reynolds 753 tubing is sub 9kgs as well 😄 Gotta love the marketing machine.

2 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

My steel Ti Raleigh in Reynolds 753 tubing is sub 9kgs as well 😄 Gotta love the marketing machine.

Yes, and road bike marketing seems to be the purveyor of the biggest BS in the industry, no doubt to bolster the ludicrous pricing.

20 minutes ago, Headshot said:

When you financing it you may aswell add those carbon bad boys.. your premium goes up by a couple hundred bucks..🤷🏼‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Yes, and road bike marketing seems to be the purveyor of the biggest BS in the industry, no doubt to bolster the ludicrous pricing.

I wonder what the MTB guys are doing to bolster the pricing on this?

https://www.trekbikes.com/za/en_ZA/bikes/mountain-bikes/cross-country-mountain-bikes/supercaliber/supercaliber-slr-9-9-flight-attendant-gen-2/p/48043/

And my local shop already has one on order!

Edited by sias

1 hour ago, Iwan Kemp said:

The real winner in this listing:

"** Send me a number with a question mark and I'll send a yo'mama joke back"

My favorite I once saw was, “you welcome to make an offer but my counter offer will be above asking price..”

was worded a bit better than that but I can’t remember exactly how..