[Event] Great Zuurberg Trek

Cuba

Event Name: Great Zuurberg Trek
When: 22/05/2025 - 25/05/2025
Where: Zuurberg Mountain Village, Kromriver, Eastern Cape
Category: Mountain Bike

For those with a taste for challenge and raw, unfiltered adventure, the Great Zuurberg Trek MTB stage race is your call to action. A three-day MTB stage race that combines untamed trails, rugged terrains, and breathtaking scenery. This race is for the ambitious, the resilient, the outdoorsy souls, who aren’t seeking just another stage race but an exclusive, premium-quality experience amid the natural beauty of the Addo region.

Meanwhile, if you're not focused on PB’s and time, the Great Zuurberg Trek-E is tailored for you. The three-day E-MTB tour is not about pushing your physical limits but about savouring the joy of riding, the thrill of exploration, and the camaraderie among like-minded, newfound friends. Open to e-bikes and their friends on non-electrified mountain bikes this category is designed to be a delightful, adventure-filled tour with less emphasis on competition and more on enjoyment and the shared love of mountain biking.

More Than Just a Race

The Great Zuurberg Trek, 22-25 May 2025 offers more than just mountain biking – It’s an exhilarating journey into a world where the everyday is left behind, and the extraordinary takes over. It offers experiences that ignite your soul, challenge your spirit, and leave you with unforgettable memories etched in the magnificent trails of the Addo region.

The race village atmosphere buzzes with energy, camaraderie, and laughter, making it a perfect place to unwind after a day on the trails.

Overnight, you’ll reside in comfort with various accommodation options available, from 4-star cottages to luxury tented packages. With comfortable beds, hot showers, and delightful meals provided, the hospitality you'll receive is second to none.

8 Reasons to Add This Event to Your Bucket List

• Route and Trail variety: One thing's for sure, there's never a dull moment on these trails. Each day presents a new adventure with carefully crafted routes designed to challenge and delight. From lush forests to epic mountain vistas and everything in between, you're in for a ride of your life!
  • Riding Experience: Whether you're an experienced rider seeking to push your limits, or a newbie looking for a thrilling adventure, these races provide an unparalleled riding experience.
  • Scenery and Nature: The races take you through the heart of the Addo region, offering stunning vistas of the Zuurberg mountain range overlooking the Karoo. It's an opportunity to connect with nature in its rawest form while enjoying an unforgettable adventure.
  • Accommodation options: Stay in style with various first-class accommodation options that offer the perfect place to unwind and recover after a hard day of riding.
  • Hospitality: The sense of camaraderie at the race villages is palpable, with top-notch hospitality making you feel right at home.
  • Food and Drinks: No need to worry about getting hungry or thirsty. The races offer all-inclusive food and drink options that will keep your energy levels up and your taste buds happy!
  • Unlimited Barista Coffee: A unique feature that’s sure to appeal to all the caffeine-lovers out there. Get your pre-race fix or enjoy a comforting cup post-ride.
  • Race Village Atmosphere: Nothing beats the buzz in the race village post-race, where tales of the day's adventures are shared over hearty meals and laughter

Go to Event Page.

20 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Would be awesome if they can add solo entries as well..

I have to agree.
To get another person with R12-R13k to spare is most of the times a mission.  Work, life and finance does not always allow for the start to align.

I would definitely enter more of these events if they had solo entries available.

Put a tracker on my ass if you scared I get lost.  😁 

Edited by Spinnekop

2 hours ago, Skubarra said:

Would be awesome if they can add solo entries as well..

sECOND THIS