Finally getting new bike and need advice

jo_Ve22

Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm looking at finally getting a new bike. I'm currently still riding my 2013/2014 ish scott aspect 9something (don't really remember). First bike I ever bought and served me well till now but it's time to upgrade to something better/newer.

I would consider myself an intermediate rider having done quite a few comps and regularly doing distance rides. I enjoy single tracks but most of my rides consist of gravel farm roadsand occasionally jeep and single track. 

I'm out of touch with brands and parts and need advice. Budget is up to approx 20k. I'm indifferent to hard or soft tail. Would prefer a 1x12 groupset and large frame and tubeless or tubeless ready. 

I wouldn't mind buying second hand if it meant I can get more bang for the buck, however I don't know what to look for when buying secondhand which make me worry I'll buy something that's not good. 

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

Tia

P.s. area where I'll be looking is around Garden route and Pretoria/JHB since I'm based in Garden route but will be moving to Gauteng. Any shop recommendations in these areas is also welcome. 

Edited by jo_Ve22
Added additional information