3D Printing KICKR star rachet removal tool

Blue Monster

Hi Guys

I was wondering if there is anyone in the JHB area that would be willing & able to print the following tool to remove the star rachet ring on a KICKR V1?

I need to remove the ring to access the bearing that is behind it.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5316514#google_vignette

As there are no tools available, this might help others that need to remove the ring.

Thanks

Markus

i AM NOT SURE IF A 3D printed one will be strong enough, there was a company in Cape town that did the Silent conversion kits and they basically had a square hardened plate to remove that ring.

I can't find the details of the guy in Cape Town. According to the guy who did the original 3D printing, they would last for about 3 uses.

I thought it was worth a try and get one or 2 printed and see if it works.

2 hours ago, Dexter-morgan said:

i AM NOT SURE IF A 3D printed one will be strong enough, there was a company in Cape town that did the Silent conversion kits and they basically had a square hardened plate to remove that ring.

There’s a company in Joburg that can 3D print 316 Stainless Steel, I’m pretty sure that will be strong enough. My brother had some gears printed for a machine. 
622EA077-75D9-4459-9CCE-91644203CE04.jpeg.5cb20f2eb28911cec20d2a897ad4f1b3.jpeg