Cape Town Cycle Tour announces Standard Bank and Liberty as new partners

News bot

The Cape Town Cycle Tour is proud to announce new partners, Standard Bank and Liberty. As organisers prepare for the 47th Cape Town Cycle Tour, the largest timed bike race in the world, this exciting collaboration heralds a new era, mirrored in both aligned ethos and enthusiasm by all stakeholders. “We are incredibly excited to announce our new partnership with Standard Bank and Liberty. As an event that is centred entirely on a return on investment directly into the communities of Cape Town, it makes absolute sense to move forward with some of South Africa’s leading investment and finance brands and brains, […]

View full article

I'm wondering if this is still the biggest timed bike race in the world.

I saw somewhere that Ride London has up to 75 000 people riding all be it in 4 different distances.

*albeit

/though/

But ja, I doubt it matters... the size of the ride, the title or the grammar.

Fun ride world champs is fun ride world champs.

8 minutes ago, madmarc said:

I'm wondering if this is still the biggest timed bike race in the world.

I saw somewhere that Ride London has up to 75 000 people riding all be it in 4 different distances.

RideLondon, which has featured a Women’s UCI WorldTour race, mass participation rides over 100 miles, 60 miles and 30 miles and FreeCycle, will not take place in 2025 as the organisers work on a new concept for the world’s greatest festival of cycling. Full refunds will be given to everyone who has entered the 2025 RideLondon-Essex 100 mile event (entries for the 60 and 30-mile events have not opened).

15 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

RideLondon, which has featured a Women’s UCI WorldTour race, mass participation rides over 100 miles, 60 miles and 30 miles and FreeCycle, will not take place in 2025 as the organisers work on a new concept for the world’s greatest festival of cycling. Full refunds will be given to everyone who has entered the 2025 RideLondon-Essex 100 mile event (entries for the 60 and 30-mile events have not opened).

Been a number of reports of the decreasing numbers of cyclists in Britain.  Seems it peaked a few years back.

Can only wonder how this impact event entries ....

21 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

*albeit

/though/

But ja, I doubt it matters... the size of the ride, the title or the grammar.

Fun ride world champs is fun ride world champs.

Miss Robinson ! is that you ? Remember me ? from your 1971 Std 6 English class at Edenvale High👀