TitusTi & fatty's Bonnievale trip..a photoblog

fatcyclist

So myself and TitusTi decided driving through to Bonnievale the morning of the race would be a bad idea. Thanks to WorcesterWheelers we had a couch and a matress to spread the sleeping bags on and it was all good Wink. We thought we'd share some silly photos with you lot of hubbers...

20061106_005324_03-11-06_19142.jpg

Picking up the clean Litespeed

20061106_005540_03-11-06_2031.jpg

DuToits Kloof tollgate

20061106_005646_03-11-06_2035.jpg

Does anyone have visions of the Stallone movie Daylight yet?

20061106_005735_03-11-06_2113.jpg

TitusTi discovers his rimtape caused a flat tyre, so doing a quick fix

20061106_005833_03-11-06_2146.jpg

After fixing the tyre, we headed to the local Mugg & Bean..TitusTi the hungry ferret!

20061106_005931_03-11-06_2149.jpg

Fatcyclist picking his nose

20061106_010029_03-11-06_2200.jpg

This is the way serious athlete's prepare for league races!

20061106_010111_03-11-06_2316.jpg

In true democratic style, we played 'rock, paper, scissors' for who gets the couch...TitusTi got the couch LOL

20061106_010226_04-11-06_0618.jpg

It was going to be a very wet race! Confused

20061106_010324_04-11-06_0629.jpg

To quote Cruxpearl & TCS 'naaaice bike' (belongs to TitusTi)

20061106_010431_04-11-06_0953.jpg

After the race the two bikes were just a tad dirty...Confused

20061106_010549_04-11-06_1114.jpg

Essential post-race meal replacement LOLClap

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooooo that's Titus, mmm, I've seen you around Titius, you are the dude with that sweet Tatoo on your back. I'm sick of hearing my GF always going: "kyk liefie kyk, kyk sy mooi tatoo", keep your damn shirt one!!LOLWink

What about the racing Fat's?? what happend, I kinda missed out after you send your goones in to take me out...Wink

And Donkey, I hear he got 3de place in the Elite bunch??!!!Thumbs%20UpClap
Marius2006-11-06 01:19:56

Marius: the racing was a bit fast to whip the camera-phone out to take pictures. I was choking on my own bile just to stay in the group, especially the last few km's!

And Donkey' date=' I hear he got 3de place in the Elite bunch??!!!Thumbs%20UpClap

[/Quote']

Rumour has it that Donkey was so tired after the Bonnievale race that he went out with a few "Ol' toppies" on Sunday to stretch his legs and got dropped on Helshoogte. Rumour also has it that he was pushed up the last kilometer by a chick!Wink

Spies everywhere!

And Donkey' date=' I hear he got 3de place in the Elite bunch??!!!Thumbs%20UpClap
[/quote']

Thanks Marius... Ja, it was a close one... I took 3rd place in elites but by only 10cm to 15cm....  amper amper smiley36.gif

You'll get them next time Donkey!! OMG, I see only 22SV's finished the race, I was still joking when I saw the poor SV turnout that today will be the day I get some points on the board, guess I was wrongLOLEmbarrassed

Fatty I see you also got a top 10SV position, well done Dude!! Remember our deal!! you promised to take me over Hells next weekend!!Embarrassed

Marius: if you go with me and they let us go, then I'll stay with you, if you stay with me...whoever is the strongest on the day helps the other Thumbs%20Up

Rumour has it that Donkey was so tired after the Bonnievale race that he went out with a few "Ol' toppies" on Sunday to stretch his legs and got dropped on Helshoogte. Rumour also has it that he was pushed up the last kilometer by a chick!Wink

Spies everywhere!

Windbreaker..... spill the beans.... how do you know......

Where were you riding? smiley5.gif

were you riding in the group with us... or was a family member of yours riding with us.

Your gossip is 30% accurate.... wont tell you which part thoLOLLOL

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

sweet sounds like a plan Fatty! just don't let the others know of our plan, we must be very discrete not as to raise any suspicion that we are in cahoots with one another!!Approve Team politics and so forth you knowWink, maybe we can sell tickets?.ppl will pay for a pull back to the leaders once over Hells..Lamp

I was there... witnessed the whole thing first hand! Wink

Thanks for the company. I was on the Specialized Tarmac with white arm-warmers. I put two and two together when I saw Marius' posting about Donkey being third in the Bonnivale ride.

Nice Pics Grootseun & TitusTi.

Hey Marius,  where and when did you excape from the bunch? I did not even notice you were away, quite surprised to catch you up the road, looks like those new Easton wheels are working well. (sorry for spoiling your party on that railway crossing Dead and hope you and your bike are ok)

Me, a cracked rib, lots of bruises from other bikes riding into and over me.

(There goes my plans for riding To Hell & Back this coming weekend) Confused

Off to the Manic Cycles now to go and get a look at the actual damage. Cry (fortunately for me, my  wheels are fine - phew!!)

Cool photos Fatty - seems like more happened on your trip to Bonnivale than what happened in the race - I mean ride.

I always forget how big you are on a bike - that bike is gigantic. No wonder you ride titanium - a carbon bike would break when you put the power down...

Congratulations donkey Clap

Thanks CVANC

by the way guys.... CvanC was also in the break and rode hard for us!

Thanks for your help CvanC

No problem WW, sorry to hear about your cracked rib, ouch! I did not get away, was just near the front when it happened, thought of all places I should be save near the front, anyway, sh*t happens. Me and the bike are fine, just need to see If I can save the tyre, at R600 a pop it's not funny especially on there first race..Hope you Bora?s are ok!! Feel sorry for Russel and his Cervelo, broke in TWO pieces, not nice.

No problem WW' date=' sorry to hear about your cracked rib, ouch! I did not get away, was just near the front when it happened, thought of all places I should be save near the front, anyway, sh*t happens. Me and the bike are fine, just need to see If I can save the tyre, at R600 a pop it's not funny especially on there first race..Hope you Bora?s are ok!! Feel sorry for Russel and his Cervelo, broke in TWO pieces, not nice.

[/quote']

Ja, let me know if you can't sort out there tyre, I'll have to make a plan for a good discount on a replacement.

My Bora's are fine- thank goodness, quite amazing, considering, my fork was twisted 90degrees, stem cracked and my front Zero gravity brake fixing bolt, snapped right off.