2009 Raleigh

rock

You are correct, that is jan bergman did work on that design! But how much better would it have been for Raleigh to say that they did the designed solely!

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The day will come when even the MTN team wont want to ride these crap Raleigh s! Remember these words!!!!!!!

?

they'll be on Scotts anyway......

?

The SD team issues? Either that or they will have to burn them.

Only time will tell......And no they wont be on Scotts!

Kev and Dav were doing rep s up bolders like 7 or 8 times

on i think tuesday!!That make me tired just thinking about it!

Don't know about you lot but i saw DG F@#king off up Boulders at the Jock on the new Raleigh Team bike like it was stolen!

It's not about the bike.

Pity the MR LTD is just a copy of this bike!!When are Raleigh going to come up with there own idea s and design s????

20080724_055842_TW_Team_08.jpg

http://www.trenga.de/details2008.asp?kat=2&subcat=7&ID=93&lang=DE

Boring
smiley11.gif

Hey, looks like Tikki was clever enough to see that Raleigh is not the same as Orbea, but he obviously doesn't read my blog.

There is a big difference between copying a design and sharing a design. Copying is what TokenFreak is trying by selling a non branded carbon frame for R 3950 and telling everyone it's the same as a Raleigh - in fact it is a carbon frame and it has a toptube, downtube etc, but I really hope that non of you guys are so blind that you don't see the difference. Listen to Sean, he mentioned just a few things that make the difference.

What we do with Trenga DE is called "sharing" a design. So we put our ideas and thoughts together, and we share the costs for the development and the molds. We operate on different continents, so why not working together? Developing a frame like this - just to give you an idea - costs about USD 80,000. And then you have your very first prototype. After that you start with different frames tests (each test costs ca. EUR 3,000), you have to modify the frame, if you have bad luck you have to pay for some new molds etc. As Probike and Trenga DE both are no global players selling many thousands of bikes of the same design, the costs per frame become very high. Sharing the design for us means only 50% of the development costs and means being competitive to global players like Trek or Scott. This partnership helps both brands on the financial and the technical side, and at the end it reduces the retail price of the bike, which is very important for a local brand like Raleigh.

I didn't move to South Africa to forget all I learned about bicycles and just copy other people's ideas. Raleigh is a brand focused on high value for money, and this is the way for us to offer a super high quality suspension bike and still being cheaper than others - wait until we've launched the 2009 prices! Raleigh is not a brand like Scott, so even if we have the ability now to build a super high end carbon frame, we still don't have the image to sell it. If we'd offer a bike like the Scott Spark, one of the most successful bikes of the year, we'd end up selling ZERO bikes. But let's see what the future brings, maybe in a few years we'll find a way Wink.

What we do is also not really a new idea. 50% of a Porche Cayenne is a VW Touareg. Citroen, Peugeot and Mitsubishi sell the same SUV (made by Mitsubishi) while Opel and Chevrolet also sell nearly the same SUV, made in South Korea. I think noone would really complain about this, as it makes the cars more affordable for all of us. So what's the problem if Raleigh does the same?

By the way, Mampara, we'll have a red version of the road bike as well, but unfortunately this will be the women's version. If you want one, I can offer you yellow, blue (with white line) or white (with red line) Smile

Jan

OuchOuchOuch to myself for trying to do exactly what Major brands do with frames that comes mainly from the same manufacturers LOLLOLLOLLOL

Pity the MR LTD is just a copy of this bike!!When are Raleigh going to come up with there own idea s and design s???? 20080724_055842_TW_Team_08.jpg http://www.trenga.de/details2008.asp?kat=2&subcat=7&ID=93&lang=DE Boring smiley11.gif

?

Hey' date=' looks like Tikki was clever enough to see that Raleigh is not the same as Orbea, but he obviously doesn't read my blog.

There is a big difference between copying a design and sharing a design. Copying is what TokenFreak is trying by selling a non branded?carbon frame for R 3950 and telling everyone it's the same as a Raleigh - in fact it is a carbon frame and it?has a toptube, downtube etc, but I really hope that non of you guys are?so blind that you don't see the difference. Listen to Sean, he mentioned just a few things that make the difference.

What we do with Trenga DE is called "sharing" a design. So we put our ideas and thoughts together, and we share the costs for the development and the molds. We operate on different continents, so why not working together? Developing a frame like this - just to give you an idea - costs about USD 80,000. And then you have your very first prototype. After that you start with different frames tests (each test costs ca. EUR 3,000), you have to modify the frame, if you have bad luck you have to pay for some new molds etc. As Probike and Trenga DE both are no global players selling many thousands of bikes of the same design, the costs per frame become very high. Sharing the design for us means only 50% of the development costs and means being competitive to global players like Trek or Scott. This partnership helps both brands on the financial and the technical side, and at the end it reduces the retail price of the bike, which is very important for a local brand like Raleigh.

I didn't move to South Africa to forget all I learned about bicycles and just copy other people's ideas. Raleigh is a brand focused on high value for money, and this is the way for us to offer a super high quality suspension bike and still being cheaper than others - wait until we've launched the 2009 prices! Raleigh is not a brand like Scott, so even if we have the ability now to build a super high end carbon frame, we still don't have the image?to sell?it. If we'd offer a bike like the Scott Spark, one of the most successful bikes of the year, we'd end up selling ZERO bikes. But let's see what the future brings, maybe in a few years?we'll find a way Wink.

What we do is also not really a new idea. 50% of a Porche Cayenne is a VW Touareg.?Citroen, Peugeot and Mitsubishi sell the same SUV (made by Mitsubishi)?while Opel and Chevrolet also?sell nearly the same SUV, made in South Korea. I think noone would really complain about this, as it makes the cars more affordable for all of us. So what's the problem if Raleigh does the same?

?

By the way, Mampara, we'll have a red version of the road bike?as well, but unfortunately this will be the women's version.?If you want one, I can offer you yellow, blue?(with white line)?or white (with red line) Smile

?

Jan

?
[/quote']

Hi ,I do read you blogs and many others all over the world!Well call it a partnership a copy,what eva!Just would be nice to see something totally fresh ,something that make old bikers like me, Say Wow i think id like one of those!

These are my own thoughts!!!!

By the way, the bikes for 09 are the best i ve eva seen

from raleigh,i still remember those first schwinn s "painted Raleigh" the team rode with 1kg worth of paint work! So well done on your hard work,but i dont think ill buy one just yet!!

by selling a non branded carbon frame for R 3950 and telling everyone it's the same as a Raleigh - in fact it is a carbon frame and it has a toptube' date=' downtube etc, but I really hope that non of you guys are so blind that you don't see the difference.

[/quote']

Ok..maybe I'm blind. Apart from the decals what is the diff between the unbranded frame and the LTD.

'wait until we've launched the 2009 prices!'

Hopefully this means they gonna be affordable

How many tubes are there on the frame of a bike? How can you possibly make every frame that different from another? Ride more, worry less...

How many tubes are there on the frame of a bike? How can you possibly make every frame that different from another? Ride more' date=' worry less... [/quote']

But why pay more for the same thing?

As far as I know Raleigh sell complete bikes, not just the framesets. How do you compare a full bike with just a frameset?

Most carbon products is made in the east, Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia, China and the product u get is the same stuff. Wink Branded or not, aslong as it give you pleasure and fits your pocket.

As far as I know Raleigh sell complete bikes' date=' not just the framesets. How do you compare a full bike with just a frameset? [/quote']

If you can get the exact replica of a Pinarrelo Prince frame...unbranded for R9500 and then build it to you specs...will you still rather buy the factory specced bike? Wich will cost you +- R65 000.

by selling a non branded carbon frame for R 3950 and telling everyone it's the same as a Raleigh - in fact it is a carbon frame and it has a toptube' date=' downtube etc, but I really hope that non of you guys are so blind that you don't see the difference.

[/quote']

Ok..maybe I'm blind. Apart from the decals what is the diff between the unbranded frame and the LTD.

I will just give you one example: Look at the dropouts. One is using a "normal" dropout, made of alloy, pretty big and the seatstays are fixed with a little steel bolt. It's cheap, because you can use the same dropout for all frame sizes. The new RM LTD has much smaller dropouts with fixed angles. Saves about 80 grams, but means that you need different dropouts for different frame sizes. In our case with 3 frame sizes it means extra costs of ca. R 800 per frame.

Jan