2009 Raleigh

rock

aslong as it give you pleasure and fits your pocket.

I don't think anything that can fit in my pocket can give me pleasure. Mind you, my cell is always on vibrate.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

by selling a non branded carbon frame for R 3950 and telling everyone it's the same as a Raleigh - in fact it is a carbon frame and it has a toptube' date=' downtube etc, but I really hope that non of you guys are so blind that you don't see the difference.

[/quote']

Ok..maybe I'm blind. Apart from the decals what is the diff between the unbranded frame and the LTD.

I will just give you one example: Look at the dropouts. One is using a "normal" dropout, made of alloy, pretty big and the seatstays are fixed with a little steel bolt. It's cheap, because you can use the same dropout for all frame sizes. The new RM LTD has much smaller dropouts with fixed angles. Saves about 80 grams, but means that you need different dropouts for different frame sizes. In our case with 3 frame sizes it means extra costs of ca. R 800 per frame.

Jan

Ok..makes sense. So the LTD frame will sell for R4750?Big%20smile

Nothing cheap about that frame Jan. The only differance is my profit margins aint as big as what they CAN be. Nuff said. Will not get into a battle here, was merely sharing what i have to offer. Unfortuanately i dont have the capital to compete with you big boys of the business.

'wait until we've launched the 2009 prices!'

?
Hopefully this means they gonna be affordable

?

They better be ,2007 i sold a lot of Raleigh mtb ,road bikes . 2008 did like 5 roadbikes and not one mtb just because of price point!!!!! Raleigh Had about a 80% drop

in sales in our store!!!!

tikki2008-07-24 08:13:45

If raleigh is good enough for a lot of SA top riders then its good enough for me, the team MTN race results speak for themselves! Especially if the price is right. Was looking at buying a hardtail but will hold on and see what the 09 range offers

If raleigh is good enough for a lot of SA top riders then its good enough for me' date=' the team MTN race results speak for themselves!

[/quote']

You forgot that there are only 35 pro riders in the country. 29 of them are MTN and the other 6 Neotel that rides overseas at the moment. So I guess if MTN does not win a race, they've got big problems.

If raleigh is good enough for a lot of SA top riders then its good enough for me' date=' the team MTN race results speak for themselves!

[/quote']

?

You forgot that there are only 35 pro riders in the country. 29 of them are MTN and the other 6 Neotel that rides overseas at the moment. So I guess if MTN does not win a race, they've got big problems.

?

?

Dam right mampara ,they should play in the super 14 with there rugby squad!!! smiley36.gif yellow summer smiley36.gif

If raleigh is good enough for a lot of SA top riders then its good enough for me

If they pay me 30k a month I would race with a unicycle.

Most carbon products is made in the east' date=' Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia, China and the product u get is the same stuff. Wink Branded or not, aslong as it give you pleasure and fits your pocket.[/quote']

Do you really think the guy welding an alloy frame makes the difference? Do you really think the guy who is wrapping the carbon makes the difference? Do think it makes a difference if he sits in SA, China, America or Iceland?

The only difference I know is, that the chinese guy's salary is just 10% of the american. And that's exactly why these factories are all in China and not anywhere else.

But does that really mean that all frames from China are the same? Then why do you guys ride Specialized or Trek or Scott? Oh, sorry, I forgot, the Scott weighs just 790 grams, while the new Raleigh RC LTD weighs 960 grams, the Gi.. frame is so weak that it rides like a snake and the Col....go is just ugly. So I guess maybe the difference is not the little chinese guy sitting in a factory and not even knowing if the thing he is building is a bike frame or a book shelf. Maybe the difference is in the engineering, the product design, the product management, the marketing etc? As far as I know none of these things really happen in China.

Jan

If raleigh is good enough for a lot of SA top riders then its good enough for me' date=' the team MTN race results speak for themselves! Especially if the price is right.?Was looking at buying a hardtail but will hold on and see what the 09 range offers

[/quote']

How do we really know if raleigh is good enough for them ?They get paid to much cash an thus are very tight-liped. Look this year s top end roadbike there like 300grams of paintwork on there(with runs in the paint)

I would never be happy with that !

smiley7.gif

The bikes are obviously still good enough to produce results so i dont really care if they were the only professional team !

The bikes are obviously still good enough to produce results so i dont really care if they were the only professional team !

Clap 

Jan Begeman has done the most awesome job with the 2009 range of raleighs, remember his influences on the bike are only being seen from the 09 range, wait till you see one and actually ride one, then comment. DG is world class and he's happy on it, apparently Evans and the rest of team are also riding them now and are all impressed, they will be competing with the best in the world now, good job Jan!

Wink

Like the new logo, usage..

Yellow Ltd looks, the part...

well done, excellent looking rides...

Can't wait to see them in action, and maybe

I'll put on on my couch, !!

Tongue

To all those, negative, Raleigh bashers

Go do some research, you might well find your pride and joy made

next to a Raleigh, on a production line ...

Its the design, that is done, behind the scene... that makes a bicycle..

Raleigh has a long and proud History..

My 2008, rides better, and feels stiffer than a friends Cervelo

and his wifes Bianci....

Raleigh has done us RALEIGH owners proud once again