Stolen bike?

carlo_sg

Does anyone know that guy that comes to all the PPA rides in Cape Town without a helmet and rides that yellow and black Scott, with the four spoke Spinergy wheels?

Well I just saw a young, tall, coloured guy, wearing a white and red tracksuit riding that specific bike up Gabriel Road in Plumstead. I turned my car around and gave chase, then he disappeared.

I hate to say it, but if he pitches up to rides without a helmet,

getting his bike stolen has done him a favour before he de-brains

himself (if he has any)...

I hate to say it' date=' but if he pitches up to rides without a helmet,

[/quote']

Hey, don't be mean... This bananana dude, think his name is paul or something, is a real cape town institution...

Ja, the funny guy that always cycle between Camp Bay and Waterfront

He likes to wear spotty clothes like king of mountains

He does not wear helmet (mad)

Hey' date=' don't be mean... This bananana dude, think his name is paul or something, is a real cape town institution...

[/quote']

|I'm not being mean: having landed on my head (several) times WITH a helmet

I wouldn't like him to do the same without a helmet. Crazy how people can still

ride without one...

I saw him at the Cape Argus Expo and thought he was a bit weird, but reckoned

his behaviour was normal for CT.

If he's an institution (i.e. should be institutionalised), maybe we should have a

whip around and organise him a bone-dome.

yeah been spotting this guy around , always at events, last saw him at the UCI chamionships...real scrorny looking oke LOL

Hey' date=' don't be mean... This bananana dude, think his name is paul or something, is a real cape town institution...

[/quote']

|I'm not being mean: having landed on my head (several) times WITH a helmet

I wouldn't like him to do the same without a helmet. Crazy how people can still

ride without one...

I saw him at the Cape Argus Expo and thought he was a bit weird, but reckoned

If he's an institution (i.e. should be institutionalised), maybe we should have a

whip around and organise him a bone-dome.

you gonna get "donnerd" for that!!!LOLWink

I saw him at the Cape Argus Expo and thought he was a bit weird' date=' but reckoned

[/quote']

you gonna get "donnerd" for that!!!LOLWink

So someone is awake on the other side of the tunnel!!!

As long as you're not in Gauteng, then I'm OK...

He raced past us on Saturday morning coming out of town.

I think he lays in wait by the on-ramp and when a group rides past he hops on his steed and nails it to see if anyone will chase.

I've also seen him sprint like it's the final lap of the Champs Elysees and then park his bike on the island in the centre and watch with arms crossed as the mere mortals ride pathetically past...

Hang on just a second! So whats the actual issue here,a stollen bike or a guy not riding with a helmet,which is risky BUT entirely his choice or a debate about selective crime prevention,so in Cape town its OK to steal a bike from a rider without a helmet,now this is all from the worst drivers in SA,WITH OR WITHOUT SEAT BELTS!!! Maybe the guy really has a problem and maybe he really misses his bike!!! If you Cape town bunch cant,wont ,or refuse to help him,send him up here........ We will help with his bike and organise a helmet,after all,he obviousley likes cycling,aint that what counts!!!

Hang on just a second! So whats the actual issue here' date='a stollen bike or a guy not riding with a helmet,which is risky BUT entirely his choice or a debate about selective crime prevention,so in Cape town its OK to steal a bike from a rider without a helmet,now this is all from the worst drivers in SA,WITH OR WITHOUT SEAT BELTS!!! Maybe the guy really has a problem and maybe he really misses his bike!!! If you Cape town bunch cant,wont ,or refuse to help him,send him up here........ We will help with his bike and organise a helmet,after all,he obviousley likes cycling,aint that what counts!!!

[/quote']

I think Carlo just wanted people to be on the look out for a possible stolen bike.  Like I said, this oke on the Scott who dresses like a banana, and doesn't wear a helmet is rather well known around CT, so maybe someone recognises the bike and gets the cops or something. The fact that Paul doesn't wear a helmet was for reference, and so people would know who he was talking about.

But go figure... And I get flayed for hi-jacking threads.

Well done CarloThumbs%20Up. Nice attempt at being decent. Don't let these w@nkers stop you.

TNT12008-08-04 08:03:47

Hang on just a second! So whats the actual issue here' date='a stollen bike or a guy not riding with a helmet,which is risky BUT entirely his choice or a debate about selective crime prevention,so in Cape town its OK to steal a bike from a rider without a helmet,now this is all from the worst drivers in SA,WITH OR WITHOUT SEAT BELTS!!! Maybe the guy really has a problem and maybe he really misses his bike!!! If you Cape town bunch cant,wont ,or refuse to help him,send him up here........ We will help with his bike and organise a helmet,after all,he obviousley likes cycling,aint that what counts!!!

[/quote']

<THROW CAT AMONGST PIGEONS>

It's also a crime not to wear a helmet while riding a bike on a public road.

We complain about motorists, but they see guys like this flouting the law

and point fingers at those $#%^ing cyclists who think they are above the

law.

Having one's bike stolen is not cool.

Neither is being a "well known figure" and not wearing a helmet.

</THROW CAT AMONGST PIGEONS>

We could to organise a helmet for the guy, but if we did, would he

wear it?

I hate to say it' date=' but if he pitches up to rides without a helmet,
[/quote']

Hey, don't be mean... This bananana dude, think his name is paul or something, is a real cape town institution...

I think he's a pretty cool guy! Didn't get his name but he helped me out when i punctured on my way home on the coast rode a few months back. Very friendly and seems to be passionate about his riding, so good on him.